Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

7 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I have a 3 day streak of 30s.

10/14....42.6F

10/15....38.1F

10/16....36.1F

10/17....32.9F

I'm betting for first freeze at the homestead tonight.

Some Meso's have your guys best shot at another freeze Sat or Sunday AM.    Warm days and cold nights.    The king of radiational (Rgem) cooling suggests some in Lanco see 20's/30ish Sunday AM.  

10 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I have a 3 day streak of 30s.

10/14....42.6F

10/15....38.1F

10/16....36.1F

10/17....32.9F

I'm betting for first freeze at the homestead tonight.

like you, I've seen upper 30's since Tues AM.

Not sure if we pull off 4 in a row, but if I were hedging a bet, I'd put money on your guess.  NAM, agrees w/ you as well. 

55 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Without looking at my station, I don't recall the last time I had measurable rainfall - and then there's this:

p168i.gif?1729172724

That is a LOT of areas getting nothing for at least the next week. 

I remember fall 01 was dry as heck too. Terrible winter after it.

P.s. I  am referring to 2001 and not 1901. :(

Just now, mitchnick said:

When I referenced 1901 it was a reference to my age. Quite the coincidence that 1901 had a similar fall at MDT as I never looked at that chart. Lol

I was wondering if you would notice that both 01's made the list right beside each other!  So, what did they do at BWI to turn into the new THV?     

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was wondering if you would notice that both 01's made the list right beside each other!  So, what did they do at BWI to turn into the new THV?     

The reporting station is near the end of a runway. I've always thought that had something to do with higher numbers than neighboring reports. Maybe they had fewer takeoff or closed that runway, because we all know the world's going to end as a firery ball any month now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

The reporting station is near the end of a runway. I've always thought that had something to do with higher numbers. Maybe they had fewer takeoff or closed that runway, because we all know the world's going to end as a firery ball any month now.

In the MA board I saw a post using THV's number as validation for BWI.  That is world ending stuff right there!

Also...

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/16/climate/global-water-cycle-off-balance-food-production/index.html

43 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

In the MA board I saw a post using THV's number as validation for BWI.  That is world ending stuff right there!

Also...

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/16/climate/global-water-cycle-off-balance-food-production/index.html

Meh...consider the source. Doom and gloom makes money for some and transfers power. I leave it in God's hands and don't worry about to be quite honest.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

TCC is on the Curious Case of the BWI Cold.   I agree, there have been some dubious readings there.    Good catch showing the sensor showing it dropped 2 degrees below the hourly DP though the 5 min reading DP does show it matching the temp. 

If the 5 minute reading showed it matches temp, albeit contrary to TCC's narrative, then it's likely accurate. It's going into the books and that's pretty much all that matters. Inter hour mins and maxes are not unusual at any station. Living 2 miles north of the reporting site for over 30 years, I can't remember one time where their reading was questionably different than mine.

I did not realize it, but the NWS makes official calls on the growing season question.  Here are the counties where the growing season has ended as of this Am.  It does  not always apply to everyone in the county, case in point here in Far Southern Franklin where the lowest we have had is 34.  Growing season does not end for me until it gets to 28.  Some places go by first and last frost and others use 28 as the divider.  

image.png.619022ea12cf41b55c07e7ff1c0a46ef.png

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did not realize it, but the NWS makes official calls on the growing season question.  Here are the counties where the growing season has ended as of this Am.  It does  not always apply to everyone in the county, case in point here in Far Southern Franklin where the lowest we have had is 34.  Growing season does not end for me until it gets to 28.  Some places go by first and last frost and others use 28 as the divider.  

image.png.619022ea12cf41b55c07e7ff1c0a46ef.png

Good news. I was going to get upset if I saw Lanco on the list. Growing season lives on! 

• Haha 1