• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

Most spots in the county reached the 30's for lows with the coldest being our normal coldest spot Warwick Township with 32.7 degrees. The next few days will run almost 10 degrees below normal for mid-October with highs only in the mid 50's. By the weekend we warm to almost 10 degrees above normal with high approaching 70 degrees. Of course no rain for at least the next week!

image.png.9dd827f3940c6a9f2325d212ddafaf5f.pngimage.png.cae9cf43f0edf822c48116d1c402a4fc.png

Approx mid-way through this 31-day month and MDT stands at 1.7AN.  I am not going to try any MJS Little Professor like attempts at guessing what it will be in 2 plus weeks but going to say it will end the month well AN based on the MR and LR models as of now although progged coolish nights should keep it from going too high. 

Vintage Texas Instruments Little Professor Calculator Toy 1976 Works 1970s Math image 1

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Approx mid-way through this 31-day month and MDT stands at 1.7AN.  I am not going to try any MJS Little Professor like attempts at guessing what it will be in 2 plus weeks but going to say it will end the month well AN based on the MR and LR models as of now although progged coolish nights should keep it from going too high. 

Vintage Texas Instruments Little Professor Calculator Toy 1976 Works 1970s Math image 1

Haha thanks.  No calculations for me yet, maybe next week.  But yeah, AN for the month seems like a safe bet.  We should be back close to normal by the weekend and then the ridging being progged should have us safely AN heading into the final stretch.  Might get another cold shot or two before the month is out, hard to say, but AN seems like the wise play.  Perhaps even comfortably AN, as you say.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Haha thanks.  No calculations for me yet, maybe next week.  But yeah, AN for the month seems like a safe bet.  We should be back close to normal by the weekend and then the ridging being progged should have us safely AN heading into the final stretch.  Might get another cold shot or two before the month is out, hard to say, but AN seems like the wise play.  Perhaps even comfortably AN, as you say.

I wonder if MDT is going to need to do better with their lows for us to cut all the way into the AN number right now.   Their 42 this AM was only 4BN.   Progs have highs being Normal or above again starting Friday.  

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I wonder if MDT is going to need to do better with their lows for us to cut all the way into the AN number right now.   Their 42 this AM was only 4BN.   Progs have highs being Normal or above again starting Friday.  

Yeah they'll probably still be a few tenths AN after this week.  We'll see how low they can go (hint: not as low as everyone else ha).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Low this morning was 36.9 at 3:45 am.  Then some wind came in and ruined the radiational cooling.  Not quite low enough to verify the Frost Advisory.  A couple more nights to try again over the next 3 days before the warmup.

We had clouds that put the kybosh on the cooling. Still a nip in the air at 50.

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

15 minutes later and it's already up to 54 at home. 

Yea, it appears some in the LSV are going to go past their forecast highs unless it just stops rising.   Looks like you were forecast 55 or close.    Models do show a level off, but HRRR gets you into the upper 50's. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, it appears some in the LSV are going to go past their forecast highs unless it just stops rising.   Looks like you were forecast 55 or close.    Models do show a level off, but HRRR gets you into the upper 50's. 

2nd'ary front coming thru so cold will be resupplied. Temps should hold steady then start dropping. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, sauss06 said:

i've never been the type to be cold. but one of these meds i'm on, i get cold easily now. 

as i know we've both lost weight/fluff...I'd say that factors in as well.

From 239 to 206 with little padding around the middle has made me cold real quick.  Not a complaint, but something I also notice.  

Gettin old probly plays in a tad as well...

54 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

as i know we've both lost weight/fluff...I'd say that factors in as well.

From 239 to 206 with little padding around the middle has made me cold real quick.  Not a complaint, but something I also notice.  

Gettin old probly plays in a tad as well...

probably right.

I know you and some others have kinda followed along in my journey of being sick, as of noon today i have been fully released to return to the fire Dept, long journey its been

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

probably right.

I know you and some others have kinda followed along in my journey of being sick, as of noon today i have been fully released to return to the fire Dept, long journey its been

Congrats friend!  Good on you for pressing through and hitting your goal.  i'll have 1 Miller lite in celebration for ya tonight. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

probably right.

Very happy to hear, Jon! Continued best wishes to you going forward! 

• Like 2