July 2024 2.62
August 2024 11.99
September 2024 2.02
October 2024  
November 2024  
December 2024  

YTD 2024 41.65
  • Like 1

Below are the all-time October Monthly records for Chester County. The Phoenixville 2007 temp looks about 3 degrees higher than all other stations....will look into that. So who remembers our Record October Snowstorm back in 2011? With 4" to 9" of snow across the County...with the most falling in the higher elevations?

image.thumb.png.991a8e6bf7840f3f2c4853c7ea0b9909.png

2 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I just read a headline that fuel oil prices are expected to jump 10% because of colder weather expected in the Northeast and Midwest. 

Did I miss something? I thought winter was already punted. 

Iran attacking Isreal again could have something to do with it (the bigger picture instability) as well as the massive dock workers strike. 

1 hour ago, TheClimateChanger said:

To be clear, 2024 alone is incredible. But the two-year punch of 2023 & 2024 is unlike anything in recorded history - and some locations have data going back more than 150 years. Just unreal.

WILL SOMEBODY THINK OF THE LIGHTERS?!

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Iran attacking Isreal again could have something to do with it (the bigger picture instability) as well as the massive dock workers strike. 

Things are going to get ugly quickly if 1) Iran does attack and/or 2) the strike is a long duration event.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

They forgot to put out their big boy beers.  6.5 tops? 

It was the most bizarre microbrewery visit ever. Owner talked about “aliens” removing all workers during Covid and a woman who was there walked up to a 12 yr old and said “it took my 75 years to get this tall.”

And then I mentioned a lot more roads are paved here since last time we weee here (11 years ago) and they literally started taking about tax dollars being wasted to pave perfectly good dirt roads and that dirt roads are better than paved roads as long as “stay off of them when they’re wet.” 

• Haha 2

It was the most bizarre microbrewery visit ever. Owner talked about “aliens” removing all workers during Covid and a woman who was there walked up to a 12 yr old and said “it took my 75 years to get this tall.”
And then I mentioned a lot more roads are paved here since last time we weee here (11 years ago) and they literally started taking about tax dollars being wasted to pave perfectly good dirt roads and that dirt roads are better than paved roads as long as “stay off of them when they’re wet.” 
People don't like change

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

To be clear, 2024 alone is incredible. But the two-year punch of 2023 & 2024 is unlike anything in recorded history - and some locations have data going back more than 150 years. Just unreal.

Great. Keep the warmth coming.

3 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

There certainly hasn’t been any kind of prolific rain rates, but today is the ninth consecutive day of recording measurable rainfall here… totalling 3.2” since 9/23. 

Make it change. You can do that right? You can fix this?

I don't know about the Birds. They simply cannot bow out of two straight postseasons without registering a single win. A loss tomorrow and it may be time to start looking at some core changes to address a lack of killer instinct or something.

50 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I don't know about the Birds. They simply cannot bow out of two straight postseasons without registering a single win. A loss tomorrow and it may be time to start looking at some core changes to address a lack of killer instinct or something.

Their big off-season acquisition did exactly what they got him for. Crying shame to take an L after 8+ innings of 1 run baseball.

The offense is undisciplined and sorely lacking in situational hitting.