• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Autumn 2024

There has been some light showers and drizzle across most spots in Chester County this morning. Here in East Nantmeal we have picked up a scant 0.04" of liquid gold - we are over 2.50" below normal so far here in September....but still running on a surplus of over 3 inches for the year to date. Shower chances will continue till tomorrow before we clear out and cool down over the weekend. By the end of the weekend and start of the new work week temps will struggle to escape the 60's in higher spots with lows well down into the 50's with even some 40's again in the lower elevations across the area.
Chester County records for today: All records at Phoenixville" High 96 degrees (1942) / Low 33 degrees (1986) / Rain 5.07" (2004)
image.png.c76fe8d411080c50912f5b5bf4696a61.png

Happy Fall y'all.

Go look at the 240 GFS, as there is a little teaser to warm up your model watching hearts for the upcoming "fun" season...:P

We should call them the "240 teasers".

My yard needs spot seeded (garden converting back to grass).  First dry spell nuked alot of it, and not sure I'm gonna waste the time feeding the birds w/ seed that wont take root in brown concrete that was my lawn.  Prob wait till next spring.

• Like 1
  • 100% 1

21 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Refresh me on the origins of short pump again.  Is it some guy from another board who lives in a place with that name or something to that effect?  Somewhere in northern VA or WV?  Or am I wildly off base? haha

14 hours ago, Voyager said:

Looks like a normal snow map around here. Pummel I-95 from DC to NYC while the most of us get the shaft...

14 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The shaft on that map would be 8-14" for the LSV and Skooks. (10:1)

12 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Rain was officially reported at Hagerstown with the 8 pm Ob.

Hopefully that means it’s raining in Rouzerville.

Maybe the hose gets the day off tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 66 with .01” of rain. Let’s see if anyone gets lucky today…..in their rain gauge, that is. 

@Mount Joy Snowman - after all of the innuendos yesterday...probably a good thing you clarified your statement... 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Hummingbirds appears to be gone here. 
That would be pretty cool seeing a baby hummingbird.

you guys talking about humming birds reminded me of an all time classic. My sister and BIL are avid feeders and watchers of birds including hummingbirds. a couple years ago sitting on their patio a hummingbird came to one of their flowers. and my sister says "nothing like watching a hummer" Simultaneously we all burst out laughing. For like 15 minutes she still didn't catch on to what she said. On occasion we will be by the pool and someone will just blurt out, "nothing like watching a hummer" and we all laugh again :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

59 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Hummingbirds appears to be gone here. 
That would be pretty cool seeing a baby hummingbird.

Didn't see any hummingbirds yesterday or this morning, wondering if they have moved on. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Hopefully I'll see one,but I think the odds don't favor it. We'll low an behold as I'm writing this on my porch, one has appeared. It's after the hanging baskets of Petunias that we have on the porch and out front of the porch. Glad they are still here!

• Like 4

Sigh - 

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Reno NV
1201 AM PDT Wed Sep 18 2024

CAZ073-190015-
/O.CON.KREV.WW.Y.0022.240918T2100Z-240920T0300Z/
Mono County-
Including the cities of Lee Vining, Bridgeport, Mammoth Lakes,
and Coleville
1201 AM PDT Wed Sep 18 2024

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM WEDNESDAY TO
8 PM PDT THURSDAY ABOVE 8500 FT...

* WHAT...Snow accumulations up to an inch possible above 8500 feet,
  and 2 to 4 inches above 9000 feet. Locally greater amounts
  possible on the highest peaks of the Sierra and White Mountains.

* WHERE...Mono County.

* WHEN...From 2 PM Wednesday to 8 PM PDT Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Roads, and especially bridges and overpasses, will
  likely become slick and hazardous. Plan on slippery road
  conditions, especially over Ebbetts, Sonora, and Tioga Passes.
  Expect rapidly changing weather conditions in the backcountry.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling. The latest road
conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by
calling 5 1 1.

Be prepared for slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while
driving. If you are going outside, watch your first few steps taken
on stairs, sidewalks, and driveways. These surfaces could be icy and
slippery, increasing your risk of a fall and injury.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It appears that MDT has not recorded any precip, outside T's today, meaning we are still very much locked in as the driest Sept ever.    A chance of some rain tomorrow but outside that still something to watch.  Progs promise to push us out of the record holder position with rain....wait for it...7-10 days away from now. 

Capture.JPG

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 64 and no rain.  I’m pulling a @canderson and heading to Alaska for the weekend, so that’s something. Just a quick hitter trip to visit my buddy’s restaurant in Bethel. My wife actually put me up to it so who am I to argue ha. 

We flew to London for dinner last November and came back the next day. Living life is good! 

Enjoy the trip! I’ll be in Lancaster Saturday - very exotic.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1