• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Central PA Autumn 2024

I have a late vacation this year and have been holding my breath on Tropical threats next week on the OBX. Looks like I get lucky and win again by not buying travel insurance. Biggest threat is too cool to get into the pool. Good thing the neighbors won't know what they're missing not seeing me in a bathing suit. Lol

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, pawatch said:

49 degrees this morning, sun shining here, 50/50 mixture of clouds and blue sky.

Not sure…but it looks like my hummingbirds left for warmer weather. I had about 5 coming into the feeder.

We have a feeder for the Hummers too. Last week they were hitting it hard. But this week they were hitting the flowers and weeds instead of the feeder. They were still here as of last evening. I took this pic last evening. This is our Lilac bush. It blooms in the spring, but for some unknown reason in August it loses its leaves and the it gets some new ones and we have some blooms in the fall months. This has been happening for at least 7 years now. So when I went to get a pic of the Lilac last evening there was a hummer enjoying the blooms.

May be an image of tree

• Like 4

15 hours ago, mitchnick said:

I have a late vacation this year and have been holding my breath on Tropical threats next week on the OBX. Looks like I get lucky and win again by not buying travel insurance. Biggest threat is too cool to get into the pool. Good thing the neighbors won't know what they're missing not seeing me in a bathing suit. Lol

If you drink enough liquor, pool water temp doesn't matter. follow my youtube channel for more worthless info 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

We have a feeder for the Hummers too. Last week they were hitting it hard. But this week they were hitting the flowers and weeds instead of the feeder. They were still here as of last evening. I took this pic last evening. This is our Lilac bush. It blooms in the spring, but for some unknown reason in August it loses its leaves and the it gets some new ones and we have some blooms in the fall months. This has been happening for at least 7 years now. So when I went to get a pic of the Lilac last evening there was a hummer enjoying the blooms.

May be an image of tree

cool picture

• Thanks 1

Froze my nuts off in Windber (Somerset county, elevation about 1,600 ft) last night at football. It's too early for this nonsense. 

Also the leaves are turning. I think the August winter we just had along with the Great Drought of 2024 has the trees messed up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I'll say this much, no I'm complaining about going down to the obx, but driving it in 1 day from here vs. my old place near BWI in a real pita, especially on a Friday. I should be in the middle of rush hour once I get to Norfolk. Arrrrrg!

I'm probably the only one stupid enough to do this, but I enjoy it so I keep doing it. Long ago I tired of the 95>64>168/158 nightmare getting to OBX. About 10 years ago I added more time but subtracted tons of stress by taking Delaware 1>113>13 across the CBBT into Va. Beach and then down 168/158 to OBX. That drive on 13 through the Delmarva is so much more relaxing than than the 95/64 mess. 

• Like 1