Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
September 2024 obs

GaWx

1 hour ago, GaWx said:

I wish that I could have put that in a sarcastic font. That link is for a flood watch and mentions locations in the triad but not the triad itself in the write up. The DISCOS usually focus on the triangle, coastal plain and sandhills areas in detail and occasionally the northeast piedmont, stating precipitation expectations and what not. Lately, they have totally ignored the mention of the triad in the discos. Why is that important to me? Because the triad is in its own weather environment and will have results and impacts separate from the others. When we are not mentioned, you have to interpolate what to expect based on what's written for other nearby weather stations adjusted by your personal experiences. We were adequately addressed when there was an active GSO weather station. Since that was dissolved in a budget cutting move, I have to interpolate between Roanoke, Greenville, and Raleigh station discos to guess what to expect here in the Kernersville area when Raleigh doesn't specifically mention the Triad. Same for radar coverage when it comes to storms based on the direction the storm is coming from. Kville is on the fringe of each of these radars so severe storms can get tricky. That's why I'm a participant in the storm watch program and attend local classes whenever they are available. The storm watchers are the eyes on that bottom 7-10k feet of atmosphere in the triad the NWS radars cannot see due to curvature of the earth. I also glean what I can from the more advanced amateurs like yourself (greatly appreciative of your work and input!!!) on these forums in an attempt to learn more about the weather.

• Thanks 1

I Definitely underestimated the rain today. 3.34” storm total. Though slightly above the 1-3” forecast it was within the higher amounts up to 6” range. And we were out of the higher amounts just south of here. Overall, I’d say a slight overachiever in central NC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I Definitely underestimated the rain today. 3.34” storm total. Though slightly above the 1-3” forecast it was within the higher amounts up to 6” range. And we were out of the higher amounts just south of here. Overall, I’d say a slight overachiever in central NC

Just for the historical record, when was the last tine you said that about a snowstorm? 

• Haha 1

:weep:

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
0434 PM EDT SUN SEP 22 2024

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 97 DEGREES WAS SET AT ATLANTA TODAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 95 DEGREES SET IN 1940.

• Thanks 1

:weep::weep:

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
0434 PM EDT MON SEP 23 2024

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 96 DEGREES WAS SET AT ATLANTA TODAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 94 DEGREES SET IN 1931.

Over .60” and raining this morning. This brings out total MTD well over 10”. For central and eastern NC it’s fortunate the majority of this hurricanes rains will fall over the western half of the state as we are fully saturated and waterlogged at this point

EDIT: finished with 1.04” here which brings our MTD to an incredible 10.93” with more on the way this week! Cannot imagine a hurricane hitting central NC directly with this kind of saturated ground

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Over .60” and raining this morning. This brings out total MTD well over 10”. For central and eastern NC it’s fortunate the majority of this hurricanes rains will fall over the western half of the state as we are fully saturated and waterlogged at this point

EDIT: finished with 1.04” here which brings our MTD to an incredible 10.93” with more on the way this week! Cannot imagine a hurricane hitting central NC directly with this kind of saturated ground

You've really been in the bullseye this month; I just passed 7" today.  I recall you were one of the worst hit by the flash drought back in June.  Weather is fickle.