• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
September 2024 obs

GaWx

After having had no measurable rain for 2.5 weeks, I’ve gotten at least the better part of 1” over the last few days and it’s still raining. Been raining all day so far. Will update with final total later.

Along with todays rain are cool temperatures of only low 70s. Ocean temps have cooled nicely from mid 80s a week ago to upper 70s/low 80s now. Autumn is on the way!

Final total for 9/5-8: ~1.5”, first rains since 8/20.

• Like 3

On 9/3/2024 at 8:39 AM, marsman said:

Filled 4 of those Home Depot/Lowes bags with leaves from two south-facing maples. I'm guessing they shed some leaves due to the heat stress, and the pouring rain helped knock them off.

Just mulch mow them and be done with it. I’ve been doing that for 25 years here. Now I freely admit that my yard is basically a weed lawn but it’s a damn healthy one.  I have never seeded and never fertilized.  The clippings quickly  disappear and feed the lawn. (Weeds) lol   Here are two photos. One from the rear of my house and one from the side. I have an acre I keep mowed.DSC00110.thumb.jpeg.ae2d02f9fd35f7b5ed7abb6387ec14f3.jpegIMG_0232.thumb.jpeg.c0d6437e3b57a8f8d4b11f682b2cd61b.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jburns said:

Just mulch mow them and be done with it. I’ve been doing that for 25 years here. Now I freely admit that my yard is basically a weed lawn but it’s a damn healthy one.  I have never seeded and never fertilized.  The clippings quickly  disappear and feed the lawn. (Weeds) lol   Here are two photos. One from the rear of my house and one from the side. I have an acre I keep mowed.

Beautiful yard! I have a fescue/zoysia mix, zoysia slowly taking over as planned. I do mulch most of the leaves, but where it piles up to high that's where it gets bagged and picked up by the town.

56.5 this morning at 7:10am. Francine may be a mostly TX/LA issue...but I don't trust any F-named storm and I'm keeping my eye on it.

RAH updated discussion this morning goes into good detail about how models missed today’s rainfall event. Expected totals have gone from <.10 to .10-.20 to now 2-3” with isolated higher amounts over the last 3 discussions. Pretty significant rainfall event ongoing with almost nothing in the forecast as recently as early this morning. Flood advisory now in effect too, we’re going to push 2” after this heavy band moves through. Pouring now

• Like 2

I saw 2 forecasts for my area. One on the weather channel which called for a 90% chance of thunderstorms this morning and 1 to 2 inches and the other from NOAA which called for a 30% chance. Weather channel was spot on and so far we have had .95".

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, yotaman said:

I saw 2 forecasts for my area. One on the weather channel which called for a 90% chance of thunderstorms this morning and 1 to 2 inches and the other from NOAA which called for a 30% chance. Weather channel was spot on and so far we have had .95".

Weather channel was only 40% here yesterday but objectively they did raise it to 80% last night when NOAA was still showing 30%. We had north of 2.2 last time I checked and that was while it was still raining steady so I’d assume more. Another round of heavy storms moving in shortly 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Weather channel was only 40% here yesterday but objectively they did raise it to 80% last night when NOAA was still showing 30%. We had north of 2.2 last time I checked and that was while it was still raining steady so I’d assume more. Another round of heavy storms moving in shortly 

Yep it is a firehose today.

• Like 2