Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
September Banter 2024

George BM

10 hours ago, CAPE said:

There's always a horrific call or 2, but the Ravens do this to themselves.

The missed Tucker FG was the trigger.

Don't forget Flowers not handling the first onside kick.   They know its coming......

• Like 1

As others have stated here, I am very tired of Harbaugh. I can’t even watch this team play in the 4Q anymore. It’s so dang predictable. Negative killer instinct. Not even zero, that’s too much credit. 

How many times will we have to watch this team try to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Frustrating 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

As others have stated here, I am very tired of Harbaugh. I can’t even watch this team play in the 4Q anymore. It’s so dang predictable. Negative killer instinct. Not even zero, that’s too much credit. 

How many times will we have to watch this team try to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Frustrating 

But that is really any team in the 4th quarter with a lead.  That is why the NFL is registered at an entertainment company and not a sports company.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CAPE said:

lol #FireJohnHarbaugh is trending

It's weird... I get all the criticism about the 4th quarter. Buy he's getting an insane level hate with some even calling him a terrorist and bin laden and all that crap. Yeah it's likely time (or close to the time) for him to hang it up, but some of this just plain hate. I mean you even have folks trying to take SB 47 from him, and blaming him for the 49ers always coming back, lol

16 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

And the secondary was the strongest unit on paper coming into the season 

I expected there to be a defensive drop-off with Zach Orr being young and a rookie DC. I mean, Mike Mac needed time to adjust too...but even so this is ridiculous. This is basically the same core group that led the league last year!

11 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Flew all the way to Dallas to watch that crap. I almost lost my mind at the end of the game. It’s a damn good thing we pulled it out or I probably would have been arrested. That Tucker miss was inexcusable and changed the entire tenor of the game. The other inexcusable thing was Zay being unable to field that onside kick. 46 yards is a chip shot in the NFL these days, Tucker cannot be missing that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Flew all the way to Dallas to watch that crap. I almost lost my mind at the end of the game. It’s a damn good thing we pulled it out or I probably would have been arrested. That Tucker miss was inexcusable and changed the entire tenor of the game. The other inexcusable thing was Zay being unable to field that onside kick. 46 yards is a chip shot in the NFL these days, Tucker cannot be missing that. 

I'm still trying to figure out how Dak didn't give up a safety either

3 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Harbaugh says he is working though a technical issue. Hopefully that's the case and he regains his form. Probably more likely he is now on the decline unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

I'm still trying to figure out how Dak didn't give up a safety either

Stupid flaw in the rule. Since there was a an ineligible receiver there who attempted to catch it, its not intentional grounding- that would have been the call if he threw it to a spot where there was no receiver in the area.

eta- not a flaw(to us it is). it's just the rule.

11 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Apparently you haven't watched the Commanders kickers all preseason and the first game of the year :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Harbaugh says he is working though a technical issue. Hopefully that's the case and he regains his form. Probably more likely he is now on the decline unfortunately.

I think the decline is more likely. That will really suck because of his salary cap implications. 

4 hours ago, mappy said:

Still in shock lol

sorry, but sorta not sorry @North Balti Zen

Congrats to all the Commanders fans on what looks like just a massive hit at QB in Daniels.

I...was in Cincinnati for the game last night so I saw in live and in person. While the Bengals defense was pretty terrible, that takes nothing away from how Daniels took full advantage time and again, and the last drive in particular to salt the game had a series of really heady plays and throws before the final dagger TD (to an almost nothing window).  And, the stadium was LOUD for that drive - he managed a very difficult set of circumstances flawlessly.

I just wish it had not been against my favorite team but happy for you all that are long-suffering Washington fans. I know from recent experience now much better NFL life is when a legit QB shows up...can turn a franchise around almost overnight. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Congrats to all the Commanders fans on what looks like just a massive hit at QB in Daniels.

I...was in Cincinnati for the game last night so I saw in live and in person. While the Bengals defense was pretty terrible, that takes nothing away from how Daniels took full advantage time and again, and the last drive in particular to salt the game had a series of really heady plays and throws before the final dagger TD (to an almost nothing window).  And, the stadium was LOUD for that drive - he managed a very difficult set of circumstances flawlessly.

I just wish it had not been against my favorite team but happy for you all that are long-suffering Washington fans. I know from recent experience now much better NFL life is when a legit QB shows up...can turn a franchise around almost overnight. 

Oooof that sucks, sorry it ended that way for you. But agreed Daniel’s looks legit, just hoping he doesn’t pull an RG3 and ends his rookie season with an injury lol. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Oooof that sucks, sorry it ended that way for you. But agreed Daniel’s looks legit, just hoping he doesn’t pull an RG3 and ends his rookie season with an injury lol. 

I mean, we lost Burrow during his rookie year, game 9, to...your team with a blown ACL. Its the NFL, stuff happens. But what you can take absolute heart from is that, setting aside the injury variable which is somewhat random (not entirely, but largely) - Daniels absolutely exudes "IT" - whatever you want to see from an NFL qb - Daniels has all o' that. If I were you all, just bask in that for however long the ride lasts. Beats having drafted, say, Bryce Young a year ago...for instance, at any rate. 

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I mean, we lost Burrow during his rookie year, game 9, to...your team with a blown ACL. Its the NFL, stuff happens. But what you can take absolute heart from is that, setting aside the injury variable which is somewhat random (not entirely, but largely) - Daniels absolutely exudes "IT" - whatever you want to see from an NFL qb - Daniels has all o' that. If I were you all, just bask in that for however long the ride lasts. Beats having drafted, say, Bryce Young a year ago...for instance, at any rate. 

The injury fear is legit as it seems every team's QB suffers something.  Losing Burrow that one year was tough but he's come back really well from it.  He just needs a defense(much like we do right now) to also give him good field positions to take advantage of.  Of all the AFC North teams, Cincy is one i root for.  I hope they can turn things around and get some wins.  It sure wasn't much his fault they lost last night.  Two perfect bombs to Chase.  The Brown family needs to pay that guy and stop being cheap with their talent.  

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

The injury fear is legit as it seems every team's QB suffers something.  Losing Burrow that one year was tough but he's come back really well from it.  He just needs a defense(much like we do right now) to also give him good field positions to take advantage of.  Of all the AFC North teams, Cincy is one i root for.  I hope they can turn things around and get some wins.  It sure wasn't much his fault they lost last night.  Two perfect bombs to Chase.  The Brown family needs to pay that guy and stop being cheap with their talent.  

I wasn't mentioning the Burrow ACL like it was a death knell...he came back year 2 and took them to the Super Bowl.  My main thought was to just go ahead and be happy as a fanbase that it appears the QB you took has all the actual upside you want to see and is showing it early (like Burrow did before the knee injury - and, yes, Burrow came back just as good post-injury. He's still a top tier QB).

I think Washington has one too, is my general thought. 

41 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I wasn't mentioning the Burrow ACL like it was a death knell...he came back year 2 and took them to the Super Bowl.  My main thought was to just go ahead and be happy as a fanbase that it appears the QB you took has all the actual upside you want to see and is showing it early (like Burrow did before the knee injury - and, yes, Burrow came back just as good post-injury. He's still a top tier QB).

I think Washington has one too, is my general thought. 

Daniels has a ton of potential. Def a lot of positives and hope a lot like Burrow when he came into the league. 

Commanders fans just have nightmares of RG3 who did have ACL issues and never returned to previous form. Running QBs take risks and for all the good things Daniels is doing now, he is one hit away from either being a bounce back Burrow or one and done RG3. I hope he can be the former if it happens. 

Meanwhile we can enjoy what Daniels does in the hope he helps turn around what has been a godawful team for decades. Similar to Burrow and I think y’all still have a number of years left with him being elite. Give him weapons and get some better D play and can still have a good season

Daniels was impressive…strong arm, seems accurate, and mobile (at least north/south), but he’s also built like rg3…though at least he knows how to slide. It’ll be interesting to see how he handles blitzes from the more stout defenses.
  • Like 1