• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
September Banter 2024

George BM

Being a Cowboys fan for life + always rooting for the Ravens - I can’t lose next weekend! Wow though. What an atrocious sports weekend. 

WVU garbage

Orioles terrible

Cowboys disaster 

Ravens wtf

Thank god it’s not Caps season yet. They probably would have looked horrendous too! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

In spite of the Ravens loss, I’m still rooting for Cincinnati.

I am too oddly. Don't want KC to run away. They lose and the Ravens are only a game behind.

Not sure it will matter, but we shall see. I don't like the OL experiment so far, and the D still collapses too often with a significant lead late. Uncanny. Idk if its fixable without major changes.

• Like 1

Not to bemoan the past, but on that last play when Lamar took off running, did anyone else think that he had a better shot of just running straight in instead of the lateral?

For the record, I'm a Dolphins fan so I'm actively rooting for my quarterback to retire for his own good.

22 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Is Hyde safe if it's another quick exit out of the playoffs?

Hard to see them winning a game.

And probably will end up with WC series in KC

This team has the talent to get hot when nobody is expecting it. It's not like this team didn't have hit bats the first three months of the season. Nobody can realistically write this season off yet...strange things happen in the playoffs (just look at the Rangers last year, lol). Not to mention...we're poised to get healthier by then.

45 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I am too oddly. Don't want KC to run away. They lose and the Ravens are only a game behind.

Not sure it will matter, but we shall see. I don't like the OL experiment so far, and the D still collapses too often with a significant lead late. Uncanny. Idk if its fixable without major changes.

D is fixable. Zach Orr is a rookie DC and is gonna have an adjustment period just like Mike Mac did. OL is gonna require some patience--they just need time to gel. So those two things have the potential to get better as the season goes on.

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

D is fixable. Zach Orr is a rookie DC and is gonna have an adjustment period just like Mike Mac did. OL is gonna require some patience--they just need time to gel. So those two things have the potential to get better as the season goes on.

How do you explain 11 losses in the last 5 seasons with more than a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter? Most in the league. Unacceptable for a supposedly top tier team. And that has occurred over a span of 3 different D coordinators. Other than blaming Harbaugh, I think our LBs are just ok, and we have a mediocre secondary overall, despite some big names. 2 supposed stars look washed up. Gardner effing Minshew owned them 2 years in a row.

38 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

This team has the talent to get hot when nobody is expecting it. It's not like this team didn't have hit bats the first three months of the season. Nobody can realistically write this season off yet...strange things happen in the playoffs (just look at the Rangers last year, lol). Not to mention...we're poised to get healthier by then.

I Hope your right. Not sure they've hit rock bottom yet.

I'll post the same thing I posted this past January - (I am not a Ravens fan , I am a usually miserable Jets fan a lifelong disaster franchise)... 

Just my opinion but last season seemed like the best chance for this current Ravens cast of players to win a title... No Rodgers , Herbert or Burrow in the playoffs, essentially a healthy Ravens team only had to beat the underwhelming team of either Allen/Mahomes winner at home... 

Had the Ravens at 10  7 and wildcard this year if Jackson stayed healthy for a 2nd consecutive year..

1 minute ago, Jrlg1181 said:

I'll post the same thing I posted this past January - (I am not a Ravens fan , I am a usually miserable Jets fan a lifelong disaster franchise)... 

Just my opinion but last season seemed like the best chance for this current Ravens cast of players to win a title... No Rodgers , Herbert or Burrow in the playoffs, essentially a healthy Ravens team only had to beat the underwhelming team of either Allen/Mahomes winner at home... 

Had the Ravens at 10  7 and wildcard this year if Jackson stayed healthy for a 2nd consecutive year..

I also thought 10-7 was realistic given the OL situation and new D coordinator, losing Clowney etc. I kind of want them to struggle, since they always seem to fail when they are frontrunners blowing teams out and coasting to the playoffs. Looks like its a possibility with the 0-2 start lol.

48 minutes ago, CAPE said:

How do you explain 11 losses in the last 5 seasons with more than a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter? Most in the league. Unacceptable for a supposedly top tier team. And that has occurred over a span of 3 different D coordinators. Other than blaming Harbaugh, I think our LBs are just ok, and we have a mediocre secondary overall, despite some big names. 2 supposed stars look washed up. Gardner effing Minshew owned them 2 years in a row.

The defense has still been good overall, though! Weren't we like No. 1 or 2 in the league? That counts for something. There's a reason why McDonald was sought after as a head coach. You can't say because we blew a lead that means the defense isn't good. Everything they've done between those times has been great. And...was the D the reason we didn't beat the Chiefs last year? Nope, lol (we held the Chiefs to less points than some of their other opponents).

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Well...they HAVE to beat them. 0-2 is already difficult to dig out of...0-3? It would definitely be over then. So we need to win to even have a chance this year, imo

It still wouldn't be impossible. You really think the Steelers are any good with that offense? The Browns are a disaster at this point, and Cincy is also 0-2. 10-7 or 9-8 might win the division this year. Ravens should improve as the season goes on, assuming the OL improves significantly(looking at you DeCosta). Defensively, I think Humphrey and Williams are washed. We really need Wiggins to get healthy and step up bigtime.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’d love nothing more than to see Dallas lose two in row at home.

It's gonna be tough. Don't like the Ravens OL against a talented D right now. They just aren't very good. The Ravens way is to be physical and smash mouth up front, and that isnt happening so far.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It still wouldn't be impossible. You really think the Steelers are any good with that offense? The Browns are a disaster at this point, and Cincy is also 0-2. 10-7 or 9-8 might win the division this year. Ravens should improve as the season goes on, assuming the OL improves significantly(looking at you DeCosta). Defensively, I think Humphrey and Williams are washed. We really need Wiggins to get healthy and step up bigtime.

I say HAVE to because I believe in history...0-3 teams have never won a Super Bowl Only three 0-2 teams have won one. That's kinda where I'm at--with Harbs who knows if we even do it if we make the playoffs again. But to have a historical chance...we CANNOT go down 0-3.

As far as the defense...I still think Marlo could have a better year than last year but maybe not hus former All-pro self. Wiggins could definitely be a contributer, and any communication issues oughta get better. As a whole...weird as it is, the defense has not completely lost the "spark" from last year. I think they're still gonna be pretty good if not great as the season goes on.