Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
September Banter 2024

George BM

2 hours ago, RickinBaltimore said:

Bold prediction: The O's finish the season 6-12 and miss the playoffs by a game. 

Still very very unlikely they miss the playoffs. But winning the division is going to require more.

I've really come to dislike  this Os team over the past couple of months. Can't hit a fly ball with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Don't hit with RISP. I don't know how many times they've started the inning with a couple hits but come away empty.

I don't know how they win a playoff game let alone a playoff series with this line up.

Adley looks very Matt Weiters esk unfortunately. 

Good player but not the superstar he was touted to be.

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I've really come to dislike  this Os team over the past couple of months. Can't hit a fly ball with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Don't hit with RISP. I don't know how many times they've started the inning with a couple hits but come away empty.

I don't know how they win a playoff game let alone a playoff series with this line up.

Adley looks very Matt Weiters esk unfortunately. 

Good player but not the superstar he was touted to be.

They're young players encountering their first real adversity with injuries and struggles at the plate. Too early to call Adley a bust, imo Gotta see if he breaks out of this. I think once they get over this they'll be okay. They just have to relax--that's what the problem is here. They're trying to hard right now...and Westburg said it best yesterday:

20240910_172027.thumb.jpg.5ca9811a2b60e3a0f1110328a5c08a78.jpg

44 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

They're young players encountering their first real adversity with injuries and struggles at the plate. Too early to call Adley a bust, imo Gotta see if he breaks out of this. I think once they get over this they'll be okay. They just have to relax--that's what the problem is here. They're trying to hard right now...and Westburg said it best yesterday:

20240910_172027.thumb.jpg.5ca9811a2b60e3a0f1110328a5c08a78.jpg

Time for their stars to be stars. Their pitching has held together relatively well considering  all the injuries. You can't win many games only scoring 2 or 3 runs.

Made a whirlwind tour thru the area past 40 hours. Went up into VERY lower SE PA with wife visit an older person from her past (91). Then we went to both Delaware's and Maryland's Capital buildings today before heading home. Made a decision to miss DC rush-hour (left Annapolis at 4:30pm) and took 301 S into VA. MD got me with that toll, last time I remembered crossing that bridge back in late 90's it wasn't (and it was and older bridge!). 2nd toll I'll pay in 30 years minus the couple times on WV turnpike when I've been lazy. Least that one you just stop and toss a few dollars to the worker. Illinois got me for a 3/4 mile tolled stretch of 80/90 back a few years ago.

Maryland's building was quite the mess on the outside, lol. Beautiful on the inside. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Hard to see them digging out at this point. 

They still have time. I still believe they're too good NOT to dig out of this. Not saying they will for sure, but...with this group, all it's gonna take is a spark. And getting players like Westy and GRod and Coulombe back may be part of said spark.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Meanwhile the Boss performed at Camden Yards last night.

We were there too! Was a fun time! I was 4 when my parents took me to the Born in the USA tour at Capital Centre. I actually remember being up in the nosebleeds and the feeling of the bass within my body haha. 

Glad hes still got it after all these years.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

We were there too! Was a fun time! I was 4 when my parents took me to the Born in the USA tour at Capital Centre. I actually remember being up in the nosebleeds and the feeling of the bass within my body haha. 

Glad hes still got it after all these years.

I wasn't there but a few people I know went. Still put on a great show.