• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
September Banter 2024

George BM

I thought the Ravens played a good game, all things considered. The Oline actually tightened up a bit and gave Lamar some time and space to make some plays. That’s going to be one of the biggest detriments to the team early on is the line play. Secondary has to get it together with some of those miscommunications. That one on Marlon was egregious. I think we’ll be okay in the grand scheme. 

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Pretty much. Just too sloppy to beat that team at their place. The missed throw to Flowers open in the endzone a play or 2 earlier was big. He was open and Lamar sailed it instead of throwing a dart. Gotta make that throw in that moment.

It looks like Lamar threw it expecting Zay to have stopped there. Zay made one last cut in the end zone. 

3 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

It looks like Lamar threw it expecting Zay to have stopped there. Zay made one last cut in the end zone. 

Based on what Lamar said afterwards, and looking at the replay, it appears he had his eyes on Bateman and was expecting him to be in that spot- you can see him on the left side of the screen running his route and seems to pull up. Either way it was a missed opportunity.

55 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

And the NFL really has to take a look at the lack of consistency with the officiating. The Chiefs lined up "illegally" multiple times and it wasn't called. If you're going to call that, call it consistent.

As an Eagles fan, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I thought the same thing. Granted the angle I'm seeing on my screen isn't the same angle as the officials. But I couldn't see a difference in how Baltimore was lined up vs KC.

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

There were plenty of the usual non-calls against the Chiefs. Yes, they truly are the new Patriots. They will win 3 more easily.

Not a Ravens fan here but yeah the calls were ridiculous. I hate when they zero in on a rule to start the year and always are over zealous. Seems like they do this every year and by week 6 it fizzles out. 

Ravens almost won last night despite playing the chiefs and the refs lol.

I'd feel pretty good right now if I was a Ravens fan.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Not a Ravens fan here but yeah the calls were ridiculous. I hate when they zero in on a rule to start the year and always are over zealous. Seems like they do this every year and by week 6 it fizzles out. 

Ravens almost won last night despite playing the chiefs and the refs lol.

I'd feel pretty good right now if I was a Ravens fan.

The refs needed to set the tone for the new area of emphasis lol. Fine. Apply it evenly.

I mean, what other team could have almost beaten the Chiefs in that setting without playing their best? The Bills maybe. Ravens will be ok. Three new O-linemen, a new 32 yo D Coordinator- there was a major breakdown in coverage that led to a 'free' TD, among other issues.  A Ravens D doesn't give up 27 often. They should get better as the season goes on. They won't finish 13-4 and be frontrunners blowing teams out like last season. Probably a good thing. They might need to be a team that has to scratch and claw for a win to get in and not coast down the stretch. That failed in 2019 and again last year. Might make them sharper and better prepared heading into the playoffs. 

• Like 4

Hey Wx Fam, wanted to post a quick update. House in Rockville is sold and we're out of MD. Sale closed on Thursday. Spent 4 months getting the house ready to sell and it was on the mkt for all of 5 days lol. I thought I would be more emotional considering we lived there for 21 years. I feel more relief and freedom than anything... so far anyways. 

It's going to take a year to build on our land in Sandy Level so we got a place nearby in Penhook. Its a really cool little place too with free access to a boat ramp on Smith Mtn Lake. Our son is going to live there full time and wife and I will split our time between the properties. Only 20 minutes apart and that's quite a feat in an area as rural as this. 

I'll post more later this fall/winter than the last 2 years. Nothing big in life comes without great work and sacrifice. I think 2 straight years is enough of that. Time to slow it down and take it all in. 

• Like 22

47 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Hey Wx Fam, wanted to post a quick update. House in Rockville is sold and we're out of MD. Sale closed on Thursday. Spent 4 months getting the house ready to sell and it was on the mkt for all of 5 days lol. I thought I would be more emotional considering we lived there for 21 years. I feel more relief and freedom than anything... so far anyways. 

It's going to take a year to build on our land in Sandy Level so we got a place nearby in Penhook. Its a really cool little place too with free access to a boat ramp on Smith Mtn Lake. Our son is going to live there full time and wife and I will split our time between the properties. Only 20 minutes apart and that's quite a feat in an area as rural as this. 

I'll post more later this fall/winter than the last 2 years. Nothing big in life comes without great work and sacrifice. I think 2 straight years is enough of that. Time to slow it down and take it all in. 

Congratulations Bob! I’m sure it’s a relief. 

Will be good to have you back this winter. Unfortunately it’s looking real ugly. All factors point to a warm and snowless winter in the MA. 

Then again, many factors pointed to a snowy winter last year, and we know what happened then… so idk.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

PSU got the win but not by much. O’s laid an egg and terps blew it. Rough day.

Yes, my streak was broken.  Too many men LOB in the first 4 innings.  The catch Siri made to rob Gunnar was pretty amazing.   That would have changed the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I like my team being 1-0 better than 0-1. Nice job today by Darnold and the new players on the Vikings defense. Good start...giants are bad though

Yeah the Giants aren't very good, but a nice win regardless. Wish my team wasn't 0-1 lol.

And how bout Cousins being Cousins. Miss him? He always manages to get the big payday despite being an ugly duckling QB who mostly fails when it matters, while always compiling 'good' numbers. Penix trending on X lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah the Giants aren't very good, but a nice win regardless. Wish my team wasn't 0-1 lol.

And how bout Cousins being Cousins. Miss him? He always manages to get the big payday despite being an ugly duckling QB who mostly fails when it matters, while always compiling 'good' numbers. Penix trending on X lol.

I'm not gonna lie I giggled a few times watching Cousins lose to Justin Fields again 

• Like 1

Just now, aldie 22 said:

I'm not gonna lie I giggled a few times watching Cousins lose to Justin Fields again 

I mean, I was cheering for the guy to do well today. What a fail. A typical ugly Steelers win. All they have are backup QBs, and will manage to win 10 easily.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Bengals lose to the lowly Pats at home, and now have to go play at Chiefs. They do seem to get off to slow starts lately for some reason. I almost want them to win this week..

Third year in a row I’m out of a survival league in week one. I hate the first weekend. Maybe I shouldn’t have named myself “One and Done.”

• Haha 2