Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
September Banter 2024

George BM

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah I’m a bit nervous about Povich tonight. But if he can’t get outs against the 2024 CWS…??

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

But he is young with potential! Maybe tonight. Really need Grayson back asap.

Povich passed this test

• Like 4

9 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yankees go down in a walk off. First place, baby!

I read all of the doom and gloom in here, and then I see the standings where the Os are the 1 seed in the AL :D

My Twins are stumbling along, probably to the 5 or 6 seed.  Unfortunately, due to injuries they have been starting 3 rookies in the rotation after the all-star break, so that doesn't bode well for the playoffs.

On 9/2/2024 at 7:46 PM, MillvilleWx said:

Thought today would be a good day to share. This month is my wife and I’s last month at our place in Frederick. We will be moving across the way to Edgewater for at least a year and a half before settling somewhere in northern AA/Howard/Carroll/Frederick counties in 2026.

Will be partaking in the snow anus of the Mid Atlantic (Outside parts of DC) but the money we’ll be saving will be huge! Bright future ahead. If there’s a big snow event that I can chase locally, I’ll be there! For now, will enjoy living by the water and being closer to my family and our friends! 

Any AA peeps have some good restaurant/bar/shopping destinations to take in while in the county, feel free to share in a Quote or my PM. :)

Enjoy the new digs! My sister is a big beer person, and lives in Pasadena. I’ll get some recommendations for ya and send. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Enjoy the new digs! My sister is a big beer person, and lives in Pasadena. I’ll get some recommendations for ya and send. 

RAR opened up their "West" location right by Navy Stadium.  Nice little place to hang out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Friend gave me tix to tonight’s O’s game. Won’t be able to stay the whole game, but great night for a sweep!

Probably should leave now. Maybe Hyde can bring Kimbrel in to hold em till the bats come alive lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

And then we back it up with whatever we’re doing tonight lol 

I both love and hate this team. So annoying.

The so called law of averages. Suarez was way due for a crap outing, and the Whitesox have to win once in awhile. Still time for the historically bad sox to do sox like things. Orioles really needed to take care of business tonight though. Coming down to the wire and they are going to have to beat actual real teams.

32 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Probably should leave now. Maybe Hyde can bring Kimbrel in to hold em till the bats come alive lol.

31 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

If you leave now, you can beat traffic 

Ha, we had to leave anyway to get our daughter from her activity. But Blech…that wasn’t how I thought this would go :wacko2:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

The so called law of averages. Suarez was way due for a crap outing, and the Whitesox have to win once in awhile. Still time for the historically bad sox to do sox like things. Orioles really needed to take care of business tonight though. Coming down to the wire and they are going to have to beat actual real teams.

I guess. We shouldn’t be losing to this team like this. It was the polar opposite approach at the the plate today. Swinging at bad pitches and just horrible awareness at the plate. We can’t lose these games if we want to show we’re elite. Idc what our overall record is right now either. We have been playing ~.500 ball for 3 months and part of it is this team forgot how to hit a baseball CONSISTENTLY. It’s maddening with all this talent at the dish. It will not cut it end of season and playoffs. The only good news is there is no one team in the AL showing anything close to being elite, so the door is open. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

I guess. We shouldn’t be losing to this team like this. It was the polar opposite approach at the the plate today. Swinging at bad pitches and just horrible awareness at the plate. We can’t lose these games if we want to show we’re elite. Idc what our overall record is right now either. We have been playing ~.500 ball for 3 months and part of it is this team forgot how to hit a baseball CONSISTENTLY. It’s maddening with all this talent at the dish. It will not cut it end of season and playoffs. The only good news is there is no one team in the AL showing anything close to being elite, so the door is open. 

The Yankees lost to the White Sox too. All I can take from that last night. 

15 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Disappointing way to end the series 

They scored 1 run over the final 12 inning against the worst team in modern day history of baseball 

The good news is the Yankees also lost.

• Haha 2

NFL is back! What a way to start. Wish the Ravens weren't on the road against KC right off the bat. OL may take awhile to gel.

Lamar is due to have a big game against the Chiefs- only 1-4 and the numbers are pretty mediocre. Best case is the OL can get some push and Henry breaks some big runs to open things up.

eta- more than 6 rush attempts please.

Likely's feet are too big.

Nice to see the refs continue to contribute to the success of the Chiefs. I guess Illegal formation is a new 'point of emphasis'. As usual plenty of non/missed calls against the Chiefs.

As expected the Ravens OL a little shaky, and the Defense was a bit too porous against the pass. Nate Wiggins please.  Lamar played well, but he won't last the season if he has to do that every game.

44 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

That game went about as expected in all ways. 

Pretty much. Just too sloppy to beat that team at their place. The missed throw to Flowers open in the endzone a play or 2 earlier was big. He was open and Lamar sailed it instead of throwing a dart. Gotta make that throw in that moment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Pretty much. Just too sloppy to beat that team at their place. The missed throw to Flowers open in the endzone a play or 2 earlier was big. He was open and Lamar sailed it instead of throwing a dart. Gotta make that throw in that moment.

Refs had their Chiefs jerseys on as well. 

• Like 1