Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
September Discobs 2024

George BM

2 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Well I'll be! Actual liquid falling from the sky! lol Only 0.08 in gauge, but first measured precip since 9/2. Currently light rain is falling and 62.0/61.3 here. 

So, been raining since, at times actually at a moderate rate. About 1/3 inch since 7 am! YAY! 

Got hit with a couple nice localized blobs this AM on the east side of smith mtn. Over an inch since 5am. One of these years (alive or dead lol), a noreaster is going to bank up against smith and dump on us. Rain on east flow overperforms regularly. Bout tired of that S lol

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Not really sure where else to put this, but some big NWS news today. The director stated at the NWA conference that WSR-88D radar is being "phased out" starting in the mid 2030s and the public facing website is getting an "overhaul".

Skeptical that they hit the timelines, but it is coming:  https://www.noaa.gov/sites/default/files/2024-01/NOAA_Radar_Next-Radar_Next_Program_242901.pdf

I can't imagine that the next iteration won't be phased-array.  Engineers are still working on the best ways to get the polarimetric measurements.  The eventual time resolution increases will be awesome.

• Like 1

Very rainy night so far down here either side of the Blue ridge , between Waynesboro and Charlottesville.. Upsloping definitely kicking in with this latest band.... Sitting in the jeep for about 30 min listening to the pounding on the roof despite just getting home from work.... The wife is asleep so I would rather listen to this then go inside...

• Like 3