Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
September Discobs 2024

George BM

52 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Quick Look at gfs H5 suggests a faster  northern stream s/w with less dig. Get used to that sentence for the next 7 months…

You know, Sep. 2019 had less than half an inch for much of the area. Is there anything long range suggesting that we could be this dry for September?

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Maybe a few passing sprinkles? Very dry here after below avg rain in August. Sprinkler working overtime.

I’m going to aerate on Saturday morning and I was going to immediately overseed. But probably should wait until rain is in the forecast for the seeding? I can’t do the sprinkler on my whole yard for days afterwards…

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I’m going to aerate on Saturday morning and I was going to immediately overseed. But probably should wait until rain is in the forecast for the seeding? I can’t do the sprinkler on my whole yard for days afterwards…

That's what I have been doing. I do a section at a time. I just put more seed down yesterday, and with no significant rain in sight, the watering will have to continue.

Bring on another drought and low humidity. I need dry weather to prevent mold on my cannabis blooms. The past couple of evenings I've noticed big temperature differences in low areas compared to elevated areas. I'm only talking 100 feet or less. Walking down hill was like walking into an air conditioned room. I love micro climate stuff.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Bring on another drought and low humidity. I need dry weather to prevent mold on my cannabis blooms. The past couple of evenings I've noticed big temperature differences in low areas compared to elevated areas. I'm only talking 100 feet or less. Walking down hill was like walking into an air conditioned room. I love micro climate stuff.

Even in the UHI, this is noticeable. My part of Silver Spring is a lot of hills and stream valleys, and last night we noticed this when we walked down into the Sligo Creek valley (about 200ft ASL) from our house (which is about 330ft ASL).

• Like 1

Sunny, but hazy here in the Vegas valley…currently 99/33 lol. Gonna be spicy the next few days. Wildfire smoke is from Oregon/Northern Cal, I believe. Hopefully that’s not a prolonged thing. The hot, crispy summer across the US continues.

20 hours ago, yoda said:

@mappy 

Are you doing the free NFL weekly pick'em this year in the sports forum that Wiz runs?  I'm going to beat @H2O this year... but if i somehow don't, i need you to :lol:

No. I’m not on here as often to keep up with it 

21 hours ago, Paleocene said:

Even in the UHI, this is noticeable. My part of Silver Spring is a lot of hills and stream valleys, and last night we noticed this when we walked down into the Sligo Creek valley (about 200ft ASL) from our house (which is about 330ft ASL).

Me too.  I’m at 414 and it drops to 225.

On the patio and open up the table umbrella and it blocks the chilly damp air from falling on me 

• Like 3

On 9/5/2024 at 6:50 AM, WxUSAF said:

I had to water because my soil is a rock here.  Then today I decided to postpone over seeding due to the warm up later next week and the lack od rainfall.  

Targeting next weekend now as the following week looks better temp-wise.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katabatic said:

Missed the rain last week (0.11” IMBY) and with the next few weeks looking bone dry, wonder if there is a fire “season” out here once the leaves begin to drop? A few of the sugar maples are already spectacular in town. 

A fire season peak occurs in your area in the fall after deciduous trees lose their leaves.