Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
September Discobs 2024

George BM

49 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Where? Same ole crap here as the past 2 weeks. Looks like another week incoming. Having 3 weeks of drizzle and fog before our 6 months of drizzle and fog is just awesome lol. Our new climo is like London. 

Time to increase your vitamin D3 intake.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:
Where? Same ole crap here as the past 2 weeks. Looks like another week incoming. Having 3 weeks of drizzle and fog before our 6 months of drizzle and fog is just awesome lol. Our new climo is like London. 

The clearing is taking its sweet time coming north, that’s for sure. The overall pattern has been kinda weird for 2 years now with a not so ideal cloud to precip ratio. Overall, it seems like the storm tracks are still too far north with a lack of clippers being the primary hint.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 87storms said:

The clearing is taking its sweet time coming north, that’s for sure. The overall pattern has been kinda weird for 2 years now with a not so ideal cloud to precip ratio. Overall, it seems like the storm tracks are still too far north with a lack of clippers being the primary hint.

Clippers get weakened by the Appalachians anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

The sun somehow makes things worse.  Now it is warm and humid.

Today looks to be the only day to get the grass cut here(amazingly it’s grown).

Just spent an hour cutting and between the sun and humidity it feels like Florida in August. Absolutely gross out

Ended up hiking a trail at the ‘shed this morning…light rain most of the time even though it wasn’t showing up much on radar. Trail was definitely damp/soggy. Partly sunny here now…I’ll take it before the next round of clouds and ULL swings thru.

• Like 1

Feels gross out. 82 and humid af.  

Stink bugs are back with a vengeance. All over the sunny side of the house. Drinking a beer and offing them with the electrocution swatter. Fucking fun. The more I kill the less I have to spend the winter with inside.

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Today looks to be the only day to get the grass cut here(amazingly it’s grown).

Just spent an hour cutting and between the sun and humidity it feels like Florida in August. Absolutely gross out

Just mowed. Sun came out 11:30 and I began mowing 1:00 finishing a little after 2:00. Really humid! Soaked! Hadn’t mowed in 22 days due to some surgery 9/6 and  follow-on restrictions from any heavy work for 2 weeks. So grass was unusually long. Didn’t bag and to my surprise almost no grass clumping. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Glad for y'all. Sincerely. Cuz it ended up being HOT AF here in the close-in NoVA burbs today...literally got up to 90 an hour ago, and yeah, I HAD to do front/back yard work.  :( 

WTF, I had no idea it was supposed to be hot in NOVA. I’m ready for 70s fall!

• 100% 1

32 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:
Well...those nasty lantern flies have made their way out to here.

There’s a legit swarm of them outside of where I work in Columbia. I’ve seen them on my balcony in Frederick, too. It is what it is. I read an article recently that implied they’re overhyped and that they’ve become meals for other animals such as birds, etc.