• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
September Discobs 2024

George BM

It was kinda surprising to see the southern valley areas do OK with this.  Even here, there were solid storms just to my south.  I knew I wasn't getting much when I saw that radar NW trajectory.  For whatever ridge-effects, that never works here.  But sometimes works just south and north of me.

It did rain overnight here, but looks like 0.25” max based on surrounding reports. It’s been legitimately humid, though…actually phenomenal basketball weather.

20 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Realy worried about LWX.  Forecast for this afternoon.  Hasn’t been a cloud in the sky since 4pm, gorgeous out there!  Definitely no drizzle…  

This Afternoon
Patchy drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. East wind around 5 mph.

#PREACH

I didn't want to shit on them, but the ENTIRE LWX forecast for today has been anything BUT what they called for...broken clouds and mostly sunny conditions here since late morning. :blink:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

My goodness I’m ready for a giant uniform precipitation shield. So sick of scattered blobs.

Been getting light rain here all morning so far, but it seems to breaking up further east.

The tropical system has potential, assuming it doesn’t get squashed…though the latter seems more likely for now. Tbd

3 hours ago, katabatic said:

0.56" - first decent rain since Debby's remnants came through. My Mom died Saturday night and was an avid gardener and it felt like she sent the rain. I'd like to think so at least. 

I’m so sorry for your loss. May you only have happy times ahead. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, katabatic said:

0.56" - first decent rain since Debby's remnants came through. My Mom died Saturday night and was an avid gardener and it felt like she sent the rain. I'd like to think so at least. 

So sorry for your loss, I hope you and your family are doing ok. Think of the happy memories and take comfort in those. She’s smiling down on you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Looks like we're back to our other base state for the next 7-8 months. Cloudy, damp, cool, drizzly. I guess we are lucky we had 2 weeks of fall weather before the gloom set in. It's still super dry here a few inches below the surface. I'm sure that will change now that gloom season is here. 

We will have plenty of warm and sunny days over the next couple months. Probably some Fall-like ones too. This pattern won't last forever.

• Like 2