Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

15 minutes ago, monadnocks said:

Hillsborough County Fair in New Boston, NH. https://www.hcafair.org/ FWIW, I help lead a 4-H club that has three competition robotics teams.  You know the weather people that can give you endless amounts of information at the drop of question? It can be like that too.

Hopefully the weather holds out for you. If it does I may even take a ride. Looks good! What's your first name? I'll look you up at the robotics department If I go.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Hopefully the weather holds out for you. If it does I may even take a ride. Looks good! What's your first name? I'll look you up at the robotics department If I go.

We'll have a display in the 4-H barn but the robots are only going to be in the Buck Barn (giant pumpkins, veg displays, vendors and politicians) on Sunday from 10-2. I'm glad that we picked Sunday since heavy delicate electronics don't mix well with rain. 

It would be great if you're there and you stop by!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Was that ship in pwm?

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…been on one cruise in my life, back in 2016….and we were on that ship….The Gem!  Beautiful boat.  And the cruise was superb.   Lol that’s too funny.  Ya, was that boat in Maine? 

Yes, Norwegian Gem on Thursday night.  There was a Royal Caribbean in town yesterday that looked considerably larger.

• Like 2

mm I dunno.  felt warm down here to me.   was outside much of the day and it was 78 to 80 then driving between places. 

y'all up in alpine country are probably just getting what you deserve for living there.  heh

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mm I dunno.  felt warm down here to me.   was outside much of the day and it was 78 to 80 then driving between places. 

y'all up in alpine country are probably just getting what you deserve for living there.  heh

Was out kayaking and at the mountain for much of the day.  The sun felt hot!!!

but my house only got to 72.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah. It's like 81 out right now and has been a spectacular day on the beach. 

42 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah looked like a healthy 850mb thermal gradient from north to south at max heating today.  NW flow downslope compressional warming too.

Earlier you could see the compression with locally lower dews in NE MA and adjacent NH down towards ORH.

2 hours ago, Patrick-02540 said:

Just an outstanding day.  I labored today on a garden down near the barn.  Rototilling, edging, weeding, and putting in a 240lb cast iron gate for next year's roses.  It was cool enough to work, but the shade from passing clouds was quite welcome.  

g11.png

g12.png

g14.png

Is that firewood on the right? Some folks don't like others muscling into their business. It can get dangerous...

g11.png.07e38ea150451cf893bdf0981dfe4b2d.png

• Haha 4

I guess it would make sense… even if August up this way was 15th of 100+ years.  Thats pretty mild and not enough to drastically alter the summer rankings.

Summer tallies of June/July/August:

Burlington… 3rd warmest since 1884.

Saint Johnsbury… warmest on record since 1894.

Interesting the two longest climo sites in VT were #1 and #3 hottest summer on record.

IMG_0642.jpeg.6cd261d8b58bbb2dea8a33edda2430f1.jpeg

• Like 1