Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

7 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Kinda like deer hunting.  Once brown is down, the work begins.
Nice dried-on-the-stump red oak - finest kind. 

Bluebird day with a bit of breeze.

Young buck and a doe in the foreground as you can see her eyes, Bought 2 cell data cams, Have one more cam to set up further up from this one.

Deer.JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Nice tender yearling.  Hope you get that kind of view in daylight.

Yeah, Have to see if they start to come out in daytime over the next few weeks, I'll be out there starting Saturday (10/5) with the crossbow for regular archery so i will do more scouting, There's a lot of deer there as the landowner has 150 acres and gets 3-4 per year, He showed me some on his game cam, There's some big boys out there too, He had a 10 and two 8 pointers on his cams out in the afternoon..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

This has been one of the best stretches of weather I can remember.  Like 6 weeks of perfect outdoor weather.

75/55

14 of September's first 19 days were sunny or mostly sunny and 2 of the final 3 days of August were also sunny.  I can't recall another 3+ week period with that much sun.  Sept 20-29 had 3 cloudy days and 7 PC with today closing out the month with another mostly sunny.  We had just one day with more than 0.05" RA.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

This has been one of the best stretches of weather I can remember.  Like 6 weeks of perfect outdoor weather.

75/55

It’s absolutely laughable given the stretch of great weather we’ve that the one golf tournament that I manage to play in all year just happened to be on the one day we got 2” of rain. You can’t make that sh*t up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4