Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This always looked north of pike . There were Mets calling for 1-2”+ for all of SNE . Always looked like . 25 or so pike south. 

yeah agree models were trending north til the bitter end..we got about .05 today-3K NAM has some activity later for alot of CT let's hope it verifies....

19 minutes ago, mreaves said:

1.79" today and 2.37" since it started yesterday.  They still held the golf tournament but the shortened it to 9 holes.  Maybe the most miserable 9 holes of golf I've played.

You guys had a half inch more than up this way.

Some breaks of sun now.

On 9/22/2024 at 7:23 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s been a long time since we’ve had the Stein landscape ..burned out lawns . Leaves browning and falling prematurely.. since 2022 . But man.15 days in a row no rain with most of them sunny with no rain does a quick number and less than .50 in 30 days. Wednesday night looks like maybe .25 if SNE is lucky and cane moisture goes west with massive HP to the north . We go into mid fall with a flash drought. Hopefully what Scooter and the Cape just had with 3-9” happens for all from a fall coastal . Not likely but fingers crossed 

22 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This has always looked like north of 90 soaker . South will be screwed relatively speaking 

I’m confused. massive HP to the north keeping this suppressed OR NOP soaker

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Picked a great time to go for a walk lol. Thought we’d just have a quick hitting downpour and it’d be out of here in 15 mins. Man was I mistaken big time..add another solid inch to the coffers and we can just about kiss our short term drought goodbye! Sadly my nice pull over’s gonna need a good cleaning in the wash tonight haha

4 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

Picked a great time to go for a walk lol. Thought we’d just have a quick hitting downpour and it’d be out of here in 15 mins. Man was I mistaken big time..add another solid inch to the coffers and we can just about kiss our short term drought goodbye! Sadly my nice pull over’s gonna need a good cleaning in the wash tonight haha

It was light rain/drizzle all day here, I had a 3:30 appt and at 3:25 it starts pouring, poured til about 4 when I was done with the appt, timing couldn't have been worse, but we need the water.

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

It was light rain/drizzle all day here, I had a 3:30 appt and at 3:25 it starts pouring, poured til about 4 when I was done with the appt, timing couldn't have been worse, but we need the water.

Oh definitely, it’s good to see. I forget how bone dry it was around here a little more than a week ago. That’s practically a distant memory now. Glad to hear you got there safely. Downpours are just awful when you’re driving and reduce your visibility to near zero. Gotta really have your wits about ya in moments like that!

25 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's only about .25" here despite a day of sheet drizzle.

I’m going to have to congrats the guys that called for 1-2 . It has very quietly been raining hard on and off all night so far. Pours for 3 minutes then stops etc. Up to .51 . And looking at radar that is going to continue. I admit defeat on this one . 

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

tomorrow may be a top 10er

Yesterday would’ve been up there for sure if we just had a little sun to go with it. I’m gonna miss that easy, going summer-feel once we’re in the middle of January. Thankfully we still have some time to go until those truly dark days descend upon us.