Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

13 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

What about the pain killers that he has been addicted to forever? any correlation there? I mean, if we are jumping to conclusions might as well include that little tidbit

yeah, maybe ... and perhaps that is true for all that use pain killers.  there's not as much science to back that up as the other, tho

but there's definitely statistical correlation between cte and latter life onset of parkinsonism, and football is definitely among the list of sports described as contact.  that's damning enough

no one is jumping to conclusions.  perhaps if you've ever read anything that scopes outside of your myopic impression of reality you might have a fuckin' clue enough to stop you from being passively hostile and asssholier than thou toward those that do.  the correlation and possible causation is not my conclusion -

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Don’t tell @WinterWolf. His area is vibrant he said 

I’m holding any judgement until we peak in later October.   I Thought last year was gonna suck, and it rallied at the last minute, and gave a pretty nice color display.   

And we’ve had many nights in the 40’s here this September.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah, maybe ... and perhaps that is true for all that use pain killers.  there's not as much science to back that up as the other, tho

but there's definitely statistical correlation between cte and latter life onset of parkinsonism, and football is definitely among the list of sports described as contact.  that's damning enough

no one is jumping to conclusions.  perhaps if you've ever read anything that scopes outside of your myopic impression of reality you might have a fuckin' clue enough to stop you from being passively hostile and asssholier than thou toward those that do.  the correlation and possible causation is not my conclusion -

LOL, I just said the same thing but nicer.

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I do think the extremely dry September is having an effect on the foliage so far.  Vegetation seems stressed with more muted yellow/golds and faded oranges.

We have some welcomed rains coming in over the next 24-48 hours that hopefully can give the foliage a shot at more vibrancy.  Peak foliage is usually the first two weeks of October at most mid-slope and lower elevations, so we still have some time.

Either way, it’s still a beautiful time of year and trying to judge the colors year-to-year can be like splitting hairs. Autumn is a soulful vibe regardless. We’ll see where it goes from here.

1D48057A-2086-41C7-A40C-7C483373E1B2.thumb.jpeg.cf48a4018d7bb055d0f5a9a33b2210c1.jpeg

i noticed that 'muted hues' complexion down this way since about 2 weeks ago - which is early for these climate zones.

it's not like they started turning colors as much as pail beiges of morbidity looking.  

there's some more coherent red and orange emerging now, but we've had that baby shit tinging on a lot of the big deciduous species since the first week of this month down here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

May actually see some locally strong-to-severe thunderstorms tomorrow. May see a marginal risk introduced either this afternoon or tonight.

just for a coffee break .. some guidance is pushing a warm boundary to perhaps rt 2 up this way during the day, tomorrow.  lga on the fous grid in the nam has t1 to 24c ...which is possibly as high as 26 in the 2meter.    stalls the boundary just shy of logan with a 19c there, but that's probably farther north west o the city in the interior. 

anyway, sun's feeble so it may be more synoptic instability ...also, with the impetus escaping ne it may be mechanically challenged.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

just for a coffee break .. some guidance is pushing a warm boundary to perhaps rt 2 up this way during the day, tomorrow.  lga on the fous grid in the nam has t1 to 24c ...which is possibly as high as 26 in the 2meter.    stalls the boundary just shy of logan with a 19c there, but that's probably farther north west o the city in the interior. 

anyway, sun's feeble so it may be more synoptic instability ...also, with the impetus escaping ne it may be mechanically challenged.

Yeah we'll have to see how far north that warm boundary gets tomorrow but right along that boundary could be a focus for some rotating storms. We certainly aren't going to see much in the way of Sun/heating tomorrow, but like you said...instability will be more synoptically driven. Shear will be pretty strong and enhanced along the boundary and that's a decent shortwave chugging through. 

Not expecting widespread activity but could see a few nasty cells along that boundary. 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Good, its creepy how giddy people get over the color of leaves. Yes, the leaves on the trees change colors every fall, nothing we haven't seen before. The same colors too.

Oh you should come up here and see what happens.  It’s like the second coming of Jesus himself is about to drop out of every red tree.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Oh you should come up here and see what happens.  It’s like the second coming of Jesus himself is about to drop out of every red tree.

I can understand if you're from an area where that doesn't happen, it would be really cool to see. But if you live here...there is no appeal and they're an inconvenience when they fall. You have to clean them, they're slippery when wet, and they clog storm drains. They also mark up the cars. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I can understand if you're from an area where that doesn't happen, it would be really cool to see. But if you live here...there is no appeal and they're an inconvenience when they fall. You have to clean them, they're slippery when wet, and they clog storm drains. They also mark up the cars. 

WTF?

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Good, its creepy how giddy people get over the color of leaves. Yes, the leaves on the trees change colors every fall, nothing we haven't seen before. The same colors too.

I think it’s more a matter of people being in awe because they forget how vibrant they can actually be. It’s no different than the excitement people get over the first snowstorm of the season.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I mean it is close to a religious experience to some when you get that perfect vista of color.  It can be like holy shit levels of color.

I was driving up rt 16 back in like 2012 around Chocorua Lake in NH. There was about 5-6 buses stopped with people from India literally in awe. They seemed like they were taken aback by what they saw. Taking pictures, stopping traffic and everything. Looked like many were praying too. So yeah, goes to your point.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

The same can be said over dark clouds in the summeh. It thunders and bolts every year… but folks percolate and begin traveling hundreds of miles for a 5% chance at filming a brief downburst on their tripods. 

To each their own…  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3