Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

God bless ya.  Doing God’s work.

Had it aerated  and overseeded a couple weeks ago . If I hadn’t watered every single day it would have been a total loss and waste . Stein literally was waiting in the bushes naked . As soon as they finished the lawn , he came out rubbing lotion and giving the hose again .

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Had it aerated  and overseeded a couple weeks ago . If I hadn’t watered every single day it would have been a total loss and waste . Stein literally was waiting in the bushes naked . As soon as they finished the lawn , he came out rubbing lotion and giving the hose again .

Rough timing on the aeration but it does look pretty good in that photo… keep those nutrients flowing to the root system.

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Never will understand people who don’t want a nice cool house to live and sleep in.

Yeah, I mean whether it’s heating or cooling, if you are financially able to there's really no reason why you shouldn't be comfortable in your own house.

I do get the window A/C units, they used to annoy the hell out of me.  

However, I will say since putting in the mini-splits here... I do not give a f*ck... I'll turn that thing on at least excuse possible.  If its a bit chilly, turn it on to add a bit of heat to the living room or bedroom.  If I'm a bit warm, I'm turning it on to dehumidify mode or cooling mode.  Even at mid-summer peak humidity in July, the cost was so minimal a month to have it cold enough you could wear a hoodie inside while it was 85/70 outside :lol:.

Central AC is another thing too... quiet and cool.  I'd be running that all the time in the summer if I had it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, I mean whether it’s heating or cooling, if you are financially able to there's really no reason why you shouldn't be comfortable in your own house.

I do get the window A/C units, they used to annoy the hell out of me.  

However, I will say since putting in the mini-splits here... I do not give a f*ck... I'll turn that thing on at least excuse possible.  If its a bit chilly, turn it on to add a bit of heat to the living room or bedroom.  If I'm a bit warm, I'm turning it on to dehumidify mode or cooling mode.  Even at mid-summer peak humidity in July, the cost was so minimal a month to have it cold enough you could wear a hoodie inside while it was 85/70 outside :lol:.

Central AC is another thing too... quiet and cool.  I'd be running that all the time in the summer if I had it.

We turn it on and off as needed.   Hate to run it when it's 75 with a 55 dewpoint out.     But summers here have gotten so hot it's almost a necessity.