Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

80.3° now. Maybe your last 80s will end up being in August? Hopefully you clear out soon.

Warmest and dewiest day here in 4 weeks.  Might be 8 months before we have another like it.

There are a ton of spiders I’ve seen over the last week. Webs on the cars and truck . Is this the time of year for them?

The orb-weavers have been working overtime these past few days.  I clear off the webs around the hummingbird feeders and next morning there are more than ever.  (It's also been the best season in memory for the number and frequency of the little dynamos' visits.)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Warmest and dewiest day here in 4 weeks.  Might be 8 months before we have another like it.

There are a ton of spiders I’ve seen over the last week. Webs on the cars and truck . Is this the time of year for them?

The orb-weavers have been working overtime these past few days.  I clear off the webs around the hummingbird feeders and next morning there are more than ever.  (It's also been the best season in memory for the number and frequency of the little dynamos' visits.)

73.2/72.1.  Feeling exceptionally dewy, too. 

Last year I had one large female Orb on the front porch.  I let her be, and even fed her moths at night that I picked off the side of the house.  Fun to watch her inject venom, and then spin them into a cocoon.  This year, I have three females and had dozens upon dozens of the little males.  I had to do some extermination or people were going to start talking.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

I think PVD runs a little cool? Honestly wouldn't be shocked if ORH runs a little warm, especially on highs 

Completely anecdotal 

Isn’t TAN a bit of a radiator at times?  Might be overnight lows there.

Seems to be a gradient from ocean-front to interior in terms of departures.

PVD was exactly normal on max temps and -2 on minimum.  That’s what’s weird… it was a tough month to be -2 on the nighttime temps.

Other sites like ORH, TAN, BDL were all +1 to +2 overnight while PVD was -2.  That’s where I see the red flag.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Isn’t TAN a bit of a radiator at times?  Might be overnight lows there.

Seems to be a gradient from ocean-front to interior in terms of departures.

PVD was exactly normal on max temps and -2 on minimum.  That’s what’s weird… it was a tough month to be -2 on the nighttime temps.

Other sites like ORH, TAN, BDL were all +1 to +2 overnight while PVD was -2.  That’s where I see the red flag.

Ya TAN can radiate .. not quite like OWD though 

You are right on about PVD, it has seemed off for awhile 

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

These dews can eff right off. I'm done with this Key West shit.

I could get used to this, minus the showers and clouds. Reminds me of one of my last trips to Puerto Rico where you hardly notice the rain since it’s so warm all around you. Different folks, different strokes haha.

20 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

I could get used to this, minus the showers and clouds. Reminds me of one of my last trips to Puerto Rico where you hardly notice the rain since it’s so warm all around you. Different folks, different strokes haha.

A few months of dews is fine by me. Gets old by September through, especially 75 degree ones. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patrick-02540 said:

Finally sunny here after two days of cloud.  Temp jumped 3 degrees in last hour to 77, dews soon to be settling down. 5 day stretch of late summer beauty incoming. 

Hopefully we can rid ourselves of whatever mess is headed our way over the weekend. It would be quite a run.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Had to break out the sprinkler for the lawn today . Stein last 7 days and Mon- Fri upcoming . Hopefully screamer rips wind and good rain next weekend. My fear is it cuts too far west for much rain . But would be better for wind . We’ll see 

How much rain did you have over June July and August? A boatload right?