Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Cloudy with low 60s, nice wx for lugging firewood up the stairs.  No sun, no rain either.  Maine sun is up in the County.  (60s there, too, but that's their average.)

60 was the high here ... spent the integral at 57

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Low 80s up to ART and Ft Drum. LEB 70.

ENE doing ENE things. 

oh we may as well be on a raft bobbing over the flemish cap with this seldom understood reality of marine micro climate here

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Flood Warning for the Hudson River at KPOU.  It hasn't rained near there in 11 days.

What am I missing?

Edit: Guess I'm missing the tidal effects up there.  I had no idea the tide had that much impact on the Hudson that far inland.

It's tidal all the way to ALB, where high tide occurs about 9 hours later than at Battery Place.  Very weird that ALB high tide comes while at Manhattan low tide is passed and it's almost halfway to the next high.  And I thought that AUG high tide being 4 hours behind Popham Beach was strange. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tamarack said:

Swing and miss (IMO) - looks like something Great Snow would write about "stat geeks" in the baseball threads.  It shouldn't be either/or, but both.  My stats (and those of others) add to my enjoyment of all wx characteristics (though I'm not big on HHH :().

I keep extensive stats Tom but 61 and wind clouds means a lot different than 61 and sun in a proper T guage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s crazy, I can’t remember when we last had solid rain event like this for days on end here. Maybe last spring I’m guessing but hey we’ll take all this moisture even if it’s falling smack dab in the middle of the weekend. The trees and plants need it desperately, not to mention the grass which was startling to look like a scene out of an old western movie haha.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Kevs meltdown would have been classic where 6 to 10 lollies became flakes while Scooter was feet deep in drifts.

.12 here 

In winter this would have been different precious wise with baroclinic process. Would have thrown 6-12 to River . Almost exact evolution of the Morch firehose if this had been winter and not summer 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Slow growing, but that’s typical for them. Some kind of caterpillar defoliated them late summer too…but they’ll be fine.

I have a very strong suspicion you’re gonna have a nice visit from gypsies this coming spring . As dry as your area was over the last 1-2 years.. and they were already close by . They coming 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I have a very strong suspicion you’re gonna have a nice visit from gypsies this coming spring . As dry as your area was over the last 1-2 years.. and they were already close by . They coming 

Maybe. Didn’t see any at all this year around the area from here to CON. 

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You did it just like you did in the snow drought . You talked about it enough and it did a complete 180. Stein to drown .

Meanwhile interior SNE wilts and burns

.48 since Aug 26th 

Well the last two years have been the snow droughts of all snow droughts. 

But to Steve’s point, I think tbis would have a great deformation band well inland to 495 or so.

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In winter this would have been different precious wise with baroclinic process. Would have thrown 6-12 to River . Almost exact evolution of the Morch firehose if this had been winter and not summer 

Baroclinic processes would have led to a firehose back to the River in winter?  I’m curious to hear a bit more on this.  There couldn’t have been a gradient in E.MA in the winter?