Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha just busting your balls, walking outside to 60s in the morning just sounded funny as an example of autumn (anywhere).

But yeah our baseline for what constitutes “cool” is so far out of whack now with climate change that yeah, 60s in the morning is a cool refreshing air mass.

For context, the normal min at the torch spot of Bradley is 52F, record low is 30F.  It was in the 60s this morning.

BS it was very chilly and raw with the wind and rain. It is still summer until tomorrow. You Stat guys miss real feel humans over guages. 

• Haha 1
  • Crap 2
  • 100% 2

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha just busting your balls, walking outside to 60s in the morning just sounded funny as an example of autumn (anywhere).

But yeah our baseline for what constitutes “cool” is so far out of whack now with climate change that yeah, 60s in the morning is a cool refreshing air mass.

For context, the normal min at the torch spot of Bradley is 52F, record low is 30F.  It was in the 60s this morning.

I hear ya.  Obviously we’ve had much cooler mornings over the last month(mid 40’s quite a few times), but it’s not rising much today. And the breeze gives it an autumnal feel is what I mean.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

BS it was very chilly and raw with the wind and rain. It is still summer until tomorrow. You Stat guys miss real feel humans over guages. 

lol you were in the rain and wind at your place.

The obs show that, 50s and NE flow at IJD.  No one said you weren’t.

It was 10F warmer on the other half of the state.

Regardless, it just proves the point that our expectations and “real feel” has adapted with the warmer weather.

• 100% 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol you were in the rain and wind at your place.

The obs show that, 50s and NE flow at IJD.  No one said you weren’t.

It was 10F warmer on the other half of the state.

Regardless, it just proves the point that our expectations and “real feel” has adapted with the warmer weather.

Nah only. 08 here When I have to close my windows it's chilly. After 67 years my real feel hasn't changed. I love the football cool 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nah only. 08 here When I have to close my windows it's chilly. After 67 years my real feel hasn't changed. I love the football cool 

Love how some people insist that our personal real feel has adapted?? Mine hasn’t adapted/changed either.  It is the same as it was when I was 10, as it is now at 56.  This 2nd half of august and first 3 weeks of September have been perfect.  Nothing like the last year or two.  

Those that aren’t raining enjoy the day…cloudy and 69 currently…feels nice. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Swing and miss (IMO) - looks like something Great Snow would write about "stat geeks" in the baseball threads.  It shouldn't be either/or, but both.  My stats (and those of others) add to my enjoyment of all wx characteristics (though I'm not big on HHH :().

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Love how some people insist that our personal real feel has adapted?? Mine hasn’t adapted/changed either.  It is the same as it was when I was 10, as it is now at 56.  This 2nd half of august and first 3 weeks of September have been perfect.  Nothing like the last year or two.  

Those that aren’t raining enjoy the day…cloudy and 69 currently…feels nice. 

Yeah I could've said it with more tact.  Yeah, it gets cooler than it was in previous days this time of year, it stirs feelings of autumn regardless of the number.  If it was 82F and now it's 69F, it's a step down and that gets the body to thinking of fall.  I get it, I can’t wait for some more regular 30s/40s at night and 60s by day.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

we are getting so f'n screwed here in new england.  christ it's warmer up in maine.   this is three consecutive days where east of the berks and sw of maine has been targeted to host the entire planetary budget for offset cc.   if it were not for sne, the world global average would be putting up another temperature surge -

• 100% 1

45 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

we are getting so f'n screwed here in new england.  christ it's warmer up in maine.   this is three consecutive days where east of the berks and sw of maine has been targeted to host the entire planetary budget for offset cc.   if it were not for sne, the world global average would be putting up another temperature surge -

Cloudy with low 60s, nice wx for lugging firewood up the stairs.  No sun, no rain either.  Maine sun is up in the County.  (60s there, too, but that's their average.)

• Like 1

Flood Warning for the Hudson River at KPOU.  It hasn't rained near there in 11 days.

What am I missing?

Edit: Guess I'm missing the tidal effects up there.  I had no idea the tide had that much impact on the Hudson that far inland.

Flood Warning
National Weather Service Albany NY
130 PM EDT Sat Sep 21 2024

&&

NYC027-111-220530-
/O.NEW.KALY.FL.W.0046.240921T1900Z-240924T0410Z/
/PKMN6.1.ER.240921T1900Z.240921T2000Z.240923T2210Z.UU/
130 PM EDT Sat Sep 21 2024

...FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL EARLY TUESDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Minor flooding is forecast.

* WHERE...Hudson River near Poughkeepsie.

* WHEN...Until early Tuesday morning.

* IMPACTS...At 4.2 feet, Minor flood stage. Minor flooding of
  lowlands, boat docks and boat launches. Water covers State Route
  213 in Eddyville.
  • Like 1

0.00000 on the day.   I can almost smell the rain, it is so close.   I noticed on the dust roof on the car that a few drops must have fallen at some point. Does a dozen small drops constitute a trace?  I don't want it to break my long streak of no rain.

Enjoy your rain to everyone to the SE.  Feast or famine, for sure.