Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s been a mess with this event too. How the mighty have fallen.

Yes, I always think of that.  What the F did they do to that global model?  It’s horrendous.  

Do they not see this?  Or do they think because it nails the temps in Kathmandu decently, that it’s good?  The model is a complete shell of what it used to be. It flat out BLOWS!  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes, I always think of that.  What the F did they do to that global model?  It’s horrendous.  

Do they not see this?  Or do they think because it nails the temps in Kathmandu decently, that it’s good?  The model is a complete shell of what it used to be. It flat out BLOWS!  

I think it’s more that other models have caught up. This current event was a mess on all guidance to be honest. But yeah overall despite some euro humpers on here, it’s glue factory material. I’m happy the gfs caught up because we can get more parameters from it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it’s more that other models have caught up. This current event was a mess on all guidance to be honest. But yeah overall despite some euro humpers on here, it’s glue factory material. I’m happy the gfs caught up because we can get more parameters from it. 

Will it rain later next week inland?

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh no doubt other models have improved, and caught up.  But I’m just talking the Euro independent of the others, if you just look at the Euro on it’s own, it’s horrible now..as you say it’s glue factory material.  It’s just so much worse than the great model it used to be…and  that’s a sad fact.   Anybody saying otherwise is sniffing glue from that same glue factory.  

They should trash the whole thing, and start from scratch…cuz the updates have destroyed it.  And each update keeps making it worse.  It seems to be beyond repair at this point. 

26 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup…60’s feel like autumn…crisp and breezy.  Maybe not where you are in the hot spots of NNE. 

Ha just busting your balls, walking outside to 60s in the morning just sounded funny as an example of autumn (anywhere).

But yeah our baseline for what constitutes “cool” is so far out of whack now with climate change that yeah, 60s in the morning is a cool refreshing air mass.

For context, the normal min at the torch spot of Bradley is 52F, record low is 30F.  It was in the 60s this morning.

• 100% 1