Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

September is really a transition month, the beginning of the month can certainly be on the very warm/humid side, however, it can just as easily be cool/breezy, especially moving through the second half of the month. As you said though, a phenomenal stretch, this could go down as one of the best September's in recent memory. 

Obviously wiz..I do understand that. My point is, that it’s been so very comfortable here this year(from mid August to now), which is a nice change compared to last year,  and a few in recent memory.  That’s all.  

• Like 1
  • 100% 1

25 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Obviously wiz..I do understand that. My point is, that it’s been so very comfortable here this year(from mid August to now), which is a nice change compared to last year,  and a few in recent memory.  That’s all.  

there's still 10 days left to muck up impressions of this particular september, though.   

this morass that's plaguing eastern areas ... marks the decay of that persistence we enjoyed over the last couple of weeks.  not clear what the next 10 days will entail, but there's everything from fronts to tropical squirts up the coast, neither of which is being handled very well in guidance ... but all of which are definitely in the possible manifold of reasons to f'ing hate the shit out of this asshole month   lol.  

... speaking of which, plagued by this garbage the way we are, reminds me of april.   albany 80, boston 62 with the harbor sharting right at civility like a roman god's cruelty is classically 'fair' distribution.  hahaha

• Haha 1
  • 100% 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Absolutely, it's pretty wild how our view and expectations have been distorted. I mean take BDL for example, peak summer climo is like 86 for a high (maybe it went up to 87 with the new climo). Peak climo now for BDL is like just above 70 for a high and around 50 for a low. Climo is almost becoming irrelevant because there is just no more regression to the long-term mean. 

Peak summer's normal max at EWR is 87.  I'd guess that BTV is about 5° below that.

Edit:  Checked on CLIMOD - it's 83 at BTV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterSnow said:

I'm enjoying today. Mostly cloudy with a nice breeze. Very early autumn-like. Can we get some rain here, though? It's been dry for quite some time. Less torch, more rain. I saw there are some chances in the forecast, hopefully they play out unlike the past system.

It’s not bad to mix in a few of these days from time to time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s usually lack of beer that gets me angry.

Most every Friday after work, me and 3-4 buds head to a local watering hole, and have some drinks/beers.  We change it up every week to a different place(3-4 different bars/pubs).  We call it beer Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s a warm concrete slab…period. 

Yes but it always has been.  Thats the thing with departures.  You can compare areas because their environment is baked into their normals.

I’m not sure what you are getting defensive over? lol.  It’s been above normal, abnormally mild.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yes but it always has been.  Thats the thing with departures.  You can compare areas because their environment is baked into their normals.

I’m not sure what you are getting defensive over? lol.  It’s been above normal, abnormally mild.

But it’s not like that away from the airport is my point.  But Whatever. Not defensive at all, just pointing something out.  And it hasn’t been abnormally mild here for 6 weeks straight. If You don’t agree that’s fine with me. 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

But it’s not like that away from the airport is my point.  But Whatever. Not defensive at all, just pointing something out.  And it hasn’t been abnormally mild here for 6 weeks straight. If You don’t agree that’s fine with me. 

We've had some significant warm (like +7 and +8 days) in the past week, but August 5 thru yesterday has run 0.3° BN here.

• Like 1