Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gfs and GEFS look pretty warm to close out month and into early Octorcher 

It's definitely a very warm look, those are some serious 850 anomalies, particularly across the northern tier of the country. We'll certainly get some cool shots and some chilly nights mixed in but the overall theme is going to be above-average. 

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It's definitely a very warm look, those are some serious 850 anomalies, particularly across the northern tier of the country. We'll certainly get some cool shots and some chilly nights mixed in but the overall theme is going to be above-average. 

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are not done with AN. 

Not sure where the summer over posts are derived from. No hints on models of cooler pattern and frosts 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not sure where the summer over posts are derived from. No hints on models of cooler pattern and frosts 

I mean there will probably be some opportunity for frosts in the climatologically favored places. If we get any instances of high pressure overhead (which there are some hints) we'll certainly get some chilly nights. We're probably going to be looking at some crazy diurnal swings in the upcoming few weeks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

Funny, I always remember September as going back to school dying of heat... Always been a summer month in SNE, and cooler this year than some

My first football practice in pads was Sept 1, 1961 - mid 90s and humid in NNJ.

Found 0.01" in the gauge this morning.  That lifts September into double digits (of hundredths, of course).

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, tamarack said:

My first football practice in pads was Sept 1, 1961 - mid 90s and humid in NNJ.

Found 0.01" in the gauge this morning.  That lifts September into double digits (of hundredths, of course).

It certainly happened back then.. and hapoens how.  It happened last year. But Not this year though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nobody said that.  But it’s been very comfortable and pleasant thelast half of August, and all of September to date.  

Summer doesn't have to mean high heat/humidity though. This past decade has really distorted our perception of summer. There is no denying its been very comfortable from mid-August through now and its been phenomenal but its been very summer like. We're so used to summer meaning 90's and high humidity but that's not really the case. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Summer doesn't have to mean high heat/humidity though. This past decade has really distorted our perception of summer. There is no denying its been very comfortable from mid-August through now and its been phenomenal but its been very summer like. We're so used to summer meaning 90's and high humidity but that's not really the case. 

We are getting our “normal” summer weather now.  82/55 is like normal July up here at MVL… it just doesn’t feel like it because summer has averaged like 87/67 lately.

If we get a “normal” mid-summer period one of these years, folks will think it’s cold.  Our baseline expectation is so far removed from where it should be.

33 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It certainly happened back then.. and hapoens how.  It happened last year. But Not this year though. 

my grandson had a high school football practice canceled because it was 85 deg  i was like wtf are you kidding me .

when i played we never did that and no i did not were a leather helmet :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

We are getting our “normal” summer weather now.  82/55 is like normal July up here at MVL… it just doesn’t feel like it because summer has averaged like 87/67 lately.

If we get a “normal” mid-summer period one of these years, folks will think it’s cold.  Our baseline expectation is so far removed from where it should be.

Absolutely, it's pretty wild how our view and expectations have been distorted. I mean take BDL for example, peak summer climo is like 86 for a high (maybe it went up to 87 with the new climo). Peak climo now for BDL is like just above 70 for a high and around 50 for a low. Climo is almost becoming irrelevant because there is just no more regression to the long-term mean. 

51 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

And autumn doesn’t have to mean 45 with breezy cool conditions every day either.  September for the most part is a summer month. Both on the calendar, and with regards to the type of weather that occurs. Many times it’s downright hot/sweltering. Sometimes it’s beautiful like we’ve seen.  Take it as it comes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

And autumn doesn’t have to mean 45 with breezy cool conditions every day either.  September for the most part is a summer month. Both on the calendar, and with regards to the type of weather that occurs. Many times it’s downright hot/sweltering. Sometimes it’s beautiful like we’ve seen.  Take it as it comes. 

September is really a transition month, the beginning of the month can certainly be on the very warm/humid side, however, it can just as easily be cool/breezy, especially moving through the second half of the month. As you said though, a phenomenal stretch, this could go down as one of the best September's in recent memory.