Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

23 hours ago, 512high said:

Well my problem in the short term is this..... I own an irrigation company (started in 1987), this time of the year we start to close systems down for the year. We normally start around September 12-13th like clock work, we began Monday (9/16) 45 percent of our clients are asking mid October , its been so dry and these upper 80s we have been having in Southern NH is not helping me!

Based on our client list, and compressors we run, we cannot possibly get everyone done in a timely manner, so I have to tell them certain dates are booked solid, and I the owner, will work now 7 days a week into November, we are usually done this process by November 8 or 10th. Last season so much rain , they were begging us to close.

I just can't remember a dry spell like this in a long time, espically a September. So in short yes I would welcome rain, and if I can't get that drop the temps very soon.

Exactly why I blow out my own irrigation. companies want to do it way too early. I just wait until they are all done and rent a compressor in early November 

47 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Funny, I always remember September as going back to school dying of heat... Always been a summer month in SNE, and cooler this year than some

Thanks for keeping it real bud.  Some of this BS is hard to read.  And This September has been stellar…nothing like the last few. Gorgeous days and cool chilly nights.

• 100% 1