• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

84F today is +14 on the high.  Average is 70F.

Still not record hot, but sustained warmth and sun has been noteworthy.

I’ve said this a couple nights now… but my call of mostly 70s instead of 80s has missed the mark.  I think accountability and self-reflection is important in today’s society, ha. I thought things would moderate… but it’s been sustained 80s.

The dry landscape seems to be feeding back into the temperatures too.  The dry surface seems to get us that extra afternoon boost in temp, as the atmosphere mixes out.

It’s been a dry heat, with a lower sun angle that reminds you it’s not mid-summer.

• 100% 2

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’ve said this a couple nights now… but my call of mostly 70s instead of 80s has missed the mark.  I think accountability and self-reflection is important in today’s society, ha. I thought things would moderate… but it’s been sustained 80s.

The dry landscape seems to be feeding back into the temperatures too.  The dry surface seems to get us that extra afternoon boost in temp, as the atmosphere mixes out.

It’s been a dry heat, with a lower sun angle that reminds you it’s not mid-summer.

It’s over now. It has sadly come to an end. 

• Sad 1
  • Crap 1
  • 100% 1

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wow, I would’ve thought 84F would be a record up there. What is the record for September 18?

10 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Wow, I would’ve thought 84F would be a record up there. What is the record for September 18?

Good question, it’s closer to records than I thought.  There probably are some stations tying or being close to daily recorded maxes.

The record maxes really do quickly tail off this time of year… BTV is the longest climo spot and their 85F high is a tick shy of the 87F daily record; which is a step down from the 90s previously.

The record high two days ago is 92F at BTV.  So that’s another level of heat from this year. 

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I think this is what earns people credibility on the internet today because the majority of folks on the web don't have it....distinsguishing oneself from the amorphous cluster of cyber-rehea is important and said accountability coupled with a relative modoicum of accuracy paves the pathway to earning the trust of the masses.

• Thanks 1

oz euro still insisting light rain plume penetrates west early tomorrow into the interior ... rotating sw.  

american models do not - although the nam hints at bvr/strata related moisture.

albeit minor, it's an interesting model contest.  

actually the 06z euro's dry now so... chicken shit model won't play :angry:

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The south shore definitely has a weenie contingent. I believe at least 2 from Weymouth work at my old company, The Weather Company.

how come you don't work there now?   - if it's not too personal