Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

A lot of guidance is fairly widespread with the rain. Not really sold yet on bigger amounts here, maybe Cape. Just hoping for at least a half inch.

Has guidance shifted? I'll defer, since I don't look at models from April through Snoretober, aside from climate and the tropics.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah Ray looks decent. Sort of on the line, but more of a Deep South ridge. 

Ideally you want to be near the line....that looks more like a 12/2007 chain of overrunning events for the first half of the season, then the gradient relaxes a bit later so there is more room for amplification of waves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

A lot of guidance is fairly widespread with the rain. Not really sold yet on bigger amounts here, maybe Cape. Just hoping for at least a half inch.

seein' as no one at all asked 

i'm hoping for a 2-3" basin deal/bust high ...that fades by saturday and the sun's back out by noon.  nice sunday follows. 

• Like 1

this morass down the coast and over the waters s of li is all being generated by a 582 dm close surface/circulation envelope.

it's a single contour closed remnant of whatever that thing was that came inland down there the other day.  yet it has all this presentation like it's way more.

it's always a reminder in this game how much relativity is everything.   it doesn't matter that 582 hgts can have 100f at the surface - which makes 64 and rain a very low bar for that metric.  or that a single contour is weak by any standard metric or convention, in general so why the big mass.  it only matters if the surrounding medium is allowing it to become the dominating force at that time

53 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Past 2 days here 86 and 83°F, Today should be the last of the run, Should top out around 83 again.

High of 80 yesterday was the first 80+ since August 2.  7-day from GYX offers zero precip here.  Should that hold for the following week, this month would eclipse October 1963 (0.14") as the driest month I've seen.  That month the NJ Governor closed the state's woods and even banned fishing after 10/20, a shame as the previous week I'd found lots of action on our small lake and the near-windless low 80s with lots of color still showing would've made for excellent days on the water.
Speaking of eclipse, I didn't go out with the pup until 11:10 last evening but there still was a small bite out of the top edge of the supermoon.  Max was closer to 10:30 but probably less than 1/4 shaded here.

19 minutes ago, tamarack said:

High of 80 yesterday was the first 80+ since August 2.  7-day from GYX offers zero precip here.  Should that hold for the following week, this month would eclipse October 1963 (0.14") as the driest month I've seen.  That month the NJ Governor closed the state's woods and even banned fishing after 10/20, a shame as the previous week I'd found lots of action on our small lake and the near-windless low 80s with lots of color still showing would've made for excellent days on the water.
Speaking of eclipse, I didn't go out with the pup until 11:10 last evening but there still was a small bite out of the top edge of the supermoon.  Max was closer to 10:30 but probably less than 1/4 shaded here.

I missed it last night, But as far as precip goes this month, 0.04” here, Dry, Looks like lawn mowing is really slowing as I was going weekly and now looks like it may be by-weekly as it’s not needed this week, Burnt as well.