Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wow 

It is warm but looks like normals in the Champlain Valley are still mid-70s, with Montreal closer to 70F.

I guess relatively speaking it’s like a 90-degree day in July for BTV to Montreal.

BTV record max is still in the 90s right now, so a max of 82F today is warm but a long way from anything noteworthy.

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Rattlesnake Island on Winni has a ton of those types of nuts/hulls. I haven’t been up there since the late 90s so I don’t know the species, but they were hickory. My friend called them pignuts, but they may have been shagbark or shellbark too.

Could be mockernut too, hard to tell them apart except the shagbark, the other nut trees look the same.

10 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Could be mockernut too, hard to tell them apart except the shagbark, the other nut trees look the same.

The latest "Forest Trees of Maine" booklet includes only bitternut (Carya cordiformis) and shagbark hickories, with the former only in a very limited range in far southern Maine.

Looks like today will be our 10th sunny one in 15 days.  We've never had a month with 2/3 of the days being sunny or mostly sunny.  If the dryness continues, we may set another driest, to go with February (and Dec, March wettest as the precip rollercoaster continues).

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I thought the same, but for all the watering we've done over the years, no issues except our lawn still isn't great

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

When I had a good portion of it hydroseeded in May , I barely had to water with all the rain. Get it over seeded in September and drying up my well and a few of the neighbors with no rain all month.