Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

BTV had a modest 2.65" during that period.  I did find that Hanover, NH had nearly 3.5" on July 31 that year.  Maybe it was a non-regional event, like the storm that flooded Jay, Maine on 6/29/23.  They had 4-6" in 2 hours and at least one bridge there hasn't been repaired even now.

Thanks.  Might have been localized.  This was (in Newport, VT) closer to St. Johnsbury than the other sites you mentioned.  The ground was too waterlogged to support cars and foot traffic, especially on the order of 10's of thousands.

1 hour ago, psv88 said:

You’ll probably see my car in that video. Was crazy. Just sat on the side of the road for 18 hours and ended up going back home 

Ha.  We hit traffic at 4PM and didn't move until 7AM.  Was an all night party, at least for us.  We ended up parking in Barton, hitchhiked with a local down some logging roads until those were blocked, walked the remaining 5 miles in.

56 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

All that traffic was just because people wanted to see the color of leaves...LMFAO 

No, this was from Phish's "last" concert in 2004.  Which, even for someone who attended, is just as much (if not more) LMFAO-worthy.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

How do you even have a cloud. lol

It's doing the lord's work for DIT... dews up to 61F now (66/61) in light rain at MVL.  Just injected a little bit of moisture to up the dew from 54F into the low-60s.

I'm sure as soon as the sun comes out it'll drop back though, ha.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

We usually go up to Maine right after Labor Day when schools start and there's half the people that re there in August.

We're on the Outer Cape this week and it has been spectacular. No crowds, cloudless days, cool nights, cold beer. Been in the ocean every day and after the initial shock the water is so refreshing! 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

WTF?

Where is that?

Looks like a wolf spider or a brown recluse or a mixture of the two.

Get out of there ASAP. 

Mother in laws in Ashburnham 

31 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like a common wolf spider. 

Thought so but that looks way different than anyone I've seen

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Haven’t hit the 40’s yet thankfully . Leaves are well ahead of normal with a lot of browns from the fungus . Another hideous leaf season enroute 

First 30s by December?

Your diurnal range was 58F to 74F today?  Under clear skies and high pressure?  Very interesting climo.

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Haven’t hit the 40’s yet thankfully . Leaves are well ahead of normal with a lot of browns from the fungus . Another hideous leaf season enroute 

That's exactly what no one's saying. Definitely going to be early though. Lots of leaf litter already. Unreal how dry it is.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • 100% 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

First 30s by December?

Your diurnal range was 58F to 74F today?  Under clear skies and high pressure?  Very interesting climo.

It’s a hilltop micro climate. Colder daytime temps and zero radiation. ORH was the same today . 59/78 . Colder in CAA events but don’t cool at night under fake cold . I mean I could not care less if someone down the hill is 27 and I’m 40 on a clear calm Octorcher morning . I’ll take 6” of snow while they mix with slush.