Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

perfect September weather

Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Light north wind.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 75. Light and variable wind.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46. Light southwest wind.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 51. Calm wind.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 80. Light west wind.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 55. Calm wind.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 81. Light and variable wind.
Saturday Night
Sunday
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 54. Calm wind.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. Light south wind.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • 100% 1

Radiators mount up tonight.  MVL ASOS just plummeted from 70F this afternoon to 48F at 8pm.

Feels like we may get into the 30s given the afternoon dew points.

lol at the neighborhood temps… 49F at the neighbors here at the bottom of the hill along the golf course and river… While it’s 59F like 400ft higher.

A 10F difference in like a mile up Weeks Hill.

IMG_0685.jpeg.be6c71c4078155e93a274672b3c5e92b.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

perfect September weather

Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Light north wind.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 75. Light and variable wind.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46. Light southwest wind.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 51. Calm wind.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 80. Light west wind.
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 54. Calm wind.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. Light south wind.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon.

A little fly in the ointment. Hopefully it doesn't come about. 

Screenshot_20240910_202054_Google.jpg

While Kev and Ineed long for the Tropical weather, here I sit in Central Miss waiting to see what Francine brings here. Track looks east of my location so maybe 3-6” of rain and gusts to 60?  Sounds like a NE nor’easter to me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Hard to get snow when its 70's and 80's 

1) Averages decline fairly steadily during the month of October

2) Exceedingly difficult to predice said magnitude of anomalies at one month plus lead time.

3) Obviously one trend we have been observing during this advanced rate of CC is warmer weather on average, but we have also seen sudden and intense cold spells during the autumn before it ultimately warms for early winter.

4) Jacoby Brisett is the starting QB and Robert Kraft spends more on hand jobs than his football team.

5) The Red Sox just lost to the worst team in the history of MLB and spend less on the team than Kraft does on handies.

Mic drop-

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Coldest morning of the season so far, Got down to 37.9°F, Looked like there was some frost as well.

Same 38 here.  Temp was down to 43 by 11 last evening with as many stars as I've seen since last winter, so it was a bit surprising that the low was only 5° further down.   Maybe a 35° diurnal range today?

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

1) Averages decline fairl steadily during the month of October

2) Exceedingly difficult to predice said magnitude of anomalies at one month plus lead time.

3) Obviously one trend we have been observing during this advanced rate of CC is warmer weather on average, but we have also seen sudden and intense cold spells during the autumn before it ultimately warms for early winter.

4) Jacoby Brisett is the starting QB and Robert Kraft spends more on hand jobs than his football team.

5) The Red Sox just lost to the worst team in the history of MLB and spend less on the team than Kraft does on handies.

Mic drop-

I'm sure we'll get a pretty potent front at some point during October which will bring the chance for some transition precip up north on the backside of the front. Of course if we are active with any coastal systems could get something light for the elevated interior. 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm sure we'll get a pretty potent front at some point during October which will bring the chance for some transition precip up north on the backside of the front. Of course if we are active with any coastal systems could get something light for the elevated interior. 

My push back is more driven by how remote the chances are for the sports side of that wager than me expecting October snowfall for Dendrite....but he is not SNE, either....he can pull snow out of a chicken's rectum at least excuse imaginable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My push back is more driven by how remote the chances are for the sports side of that wager than me expecting October snowfall for Dendrite....but he is not SNE, either....he can pull snow out of a chicken's rectum at least excuse imaginable.

IMG_5349.jpeg

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Man just endless warmth. Only thing that might disrupt highs is the storm to the south next week. May try to get closer and cause onshore flow. 

How likely do you think that is? Looks pretty convoluted on the models.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Same 38 here.  Temp was down to 43 by 11 last evening with as many stars as I've seen since last winter, so it was a bit surprising that the low was only 5° further down.   Maybe a 35° diurnal range today?

Its going to be close on the temp range, Were already 30°F on that range from the early morning temps.

• Like 1