September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i don't believe this gfs crap at all

It would be fitting to get this awesome late season warmth pattern... then see it just get wrecked by like 5 days of east flow 50s and showers in a very small geographic area.

Like, there's something funny about that.

gfs_T2m_neus_47.thumb.png.d59f4ec6bf1ea13a23bf116d71857d19.png

4 days later still going...

gfs_T2m_neus_59.thumb.png.707abecaa06a0706099ba0a59a7a8fb0.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Crap 1
  • Disagree 1
  • 100% 1

43 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

They shouldn't run models past 180 hours. Its a waste of resources and with the explosion of social media, just elicits unnecessary hype which spills into the public and creates nothing but chaos. 

Thank you for watching out for my well-being but I like fantasy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • 100% 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It would be fitting to get this awesome late season warmth pattern... then see it just get wrecked by like 5 days of east flow 50s and showers in a very small geographic area.

Like, there's something funny about that.

gfs_T2m_neus_47.thumb.png.d59f4ec6bf1ea13a23bf116d71857d19.png

4 days later still going...

gfs_T2m_neus_59.thumb.png.707abecaa06a0706099ba0a59a7a8fb0.png

well for starters ... ha-ha or not, the gfs has been attacking that specific region just like that since april.   not sure what in fractal's hell creation is causing this repetition in that model ( and in some senses ...i'm seeing in the others, just not as elaborately - ) but i think it has something to do with a primitive integration technique for the interaction of the lower troposphere with the planetary surface features.  

is it just an accident that that cold belt there almost exactly mimicks an atmospheric version of a Labradorian penis ?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Estcourt Station, Big Black, etc.  Stopped at 40 here, lowest so far.  Maybe we finally crack the 30s tonight?

Only down to 48°F here this morning, Didn't radiate as well last night, Its possible we see 30's overnight but that looks like that will be it for another 7-10 days or so on the lows.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Got to Herring Cove Beach just in time to see the release of two stranded dolphins. Amazing to watch! 20240910_124508.thumb.webp.68c3ba771ec5723dca957123cd5e5e5d.webp

Get some beer, fried seafood at Sir Crickets Fish and Chips in Orleans and check out the sunset at Skaket beach. Hopefully the sun isn’t too far south and sets over the ocean still. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1