Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

3 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:
1 hour ago, powderfreak said:
Are folks disagreeing that’s snow?  I’m confused lol.  Looked legit to me.

Lol, nope....just not ready to see snow right now

Ha that makes sense.  The new emoji descriptions got me.  I do like the red X as just a “Nope” emoji instead of “Disagree.”

Also not sure why this quote is showing the whole chain lol.

• Like 1
  • Crap 1

Big day.  I motivated to rebuild my kegerator after work, go get CO2 and get beer flowing.

However the big accomplishment was preparing and canning a sizeable batch of peach hot sauce with about 75% home garden ingredients.  It came out sweet and tangy with a medium heat profile.  Peaches all come ripe at once and half end up on the ground so I was extra motivated.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Next 10 days look like the interior Merrimack Valley and SNH hot spot into low lands of Maine. Congrats. 

historic heights with no 850s - at least per recent guidance.

we'll see but it does seem there is this repetition to offset our warm patterns with idiosyncrasies.  such that we never get out of control warmth here like other regions of the planet.   i mean that has looked like one of those 'syngeristic heat bursts' setting up in the guidance, but nuances inside are stopping the heat from being realized.  

565 dm hydrostatic hgts won't do it ... doesn't matter how high the non-hydrostatic hgts get.  we'll still radiate at night and with low launch and tepid sun we're only recovering to 81 or 82 - not bad, but yet again ... leaving on the table.

30 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

historic heights with no 850s - at least per recent guidance.

we'll see but it does seem there is this repetition to offset our warm patterns with idiosyncrasies.  such that we never get out of control warmth here like other regions of the planet.   i mean that has looked like one of those 'syngeristic heat bursts' setting up in the guidance, but nuances inside are stopping the heat from being realized.  

565 dm hydrostatic hgts won't do it ... doesn't matter how high the non-hydrostatic hgts get.  we'll still radiate at night and with low launch and tepid sun we're only recovering to 81 or 82 - not bad, but yet again ... leaving on the table.

Lots of HP overhead and late March sun.  Limits mixing too.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lots of HP overhead and late March sun.  Limits mixing too.

yeah didn't explicitly mention that but the high parked over head is the actual idiosyncrasy i had in mind, which stops it from getting hot in the current model appeal

it's alright for out doorsy stuff.   

by the way folks, lots of color, more so than just the typical 'sick maple,'  dapples the distant groves around here.  my big corner maple, healthy and stately, which i lovingly refer to as general sherman, is tinging orange a goodly 3 weeks ahead.  

i'm hypothesizing that the week of severe smoke we dimmed solar with for 10 days earlier last month might have triggered a bit of a green pigment pull-back if prematurely.   these are healthy trees tinging around here, and i found that observation consistent along rt 2 and down 91 toward worcester over the weekend.