Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

18 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

The best time of year. Warm sun warm surf big waves no tourists punks back in school.  Winner.

I’m about to go to block island for two weeks. Easily the best time of the year to go on vac. Still nice out but without all the people like you said. 

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

When was the last time we had high pressure pretty much overhead for an entire week? 

There are definitely going to be some chilly nights next week, especially probably Monday and/or Tuesday with some large diurnal swings. 

I don't know but let's keep it here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I don't know but let's keep it here.

Looks like the first half of September may be characterized by high pressure building in this week, FROPA next weekend as the high slides east, followed by another high pressure building in, and then eventually a front. The season is certainly transitioning. In the aggregate we'll probably end up above-average but there will be plenty of cool shots to hold those anomalies in check. 

But we'll see what happens...sometimes as we enter the transition seasons the medium/long range can go bonkers and overzealous with these high pressure systems and how much they dominate. Regardless, seeing this on the models is a strong indication the NH is beginning the seasonal transition. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I hope it snows at all. Hasn't really done that in 6 years.

Lol.. a bit dramatic, don't ya think? 

All jokes aside.... Imagine how the people in the Pennsylvania, New York Metropolitan area feel ( even where I am which is just west of Hartford ). Snow here has been quite crappy!

1 minute ago, WinterSnow said:

What, you mean to tell me it hasn't already been fall for the majority of August? So many days in the 70s and some in the 60s. I'm loving it. I'm going to hate Summer so much less up here.

Do you live under a bridge?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

When was the last time we had high pressure pretty much overhead for an entire week? 

There are definitely going to be some chilly nights next week, especially probably Monday and/or Tuesday with some large diurnal swings. 

Will you bundle up really well and take pics of baggy jeans?

1 hour ago, WinterSnow said:

What, you mean to tell me it hasn't already been fall for the majority of August? So many days in the 70s and some in the 60s. I'm loving it. I'm going to hate Summer so much less up here.

First 4 days here averaged 81/65 with tall dews.  Next 25 have averaged 72/54 (16 with highs in 70s, 9 in 60s) with only a few days with dews reaching into the 60s.  Month temps will finish within a couple tenths of our average here, most likely hanging on to the AN side.

It could end up being nice weather later next week if the system stays more offshore…E flow isn’t necessarily a death sentence this time of year either. But guidance has been shying away from anything summery. 

• Like 1

temps in the 70s is summery to me

60s/40s is autumn

maybe it's 'hybrid' seasonality but i'm just old enough with my pipe and rocking chair here to recall so many years where if were 70+ in autumn, it was resolute to being unusually warm weather. 

looking ahead ...the chances for 90 are fleeting - probably climatology, either way.  80s may be a stretch, too, unless the pattern breaks.   while that is the way it looks as of today ... the cooler appeal has attenuated also.  it's really looking ( to me ) like we're just in the process of correcting for models being too  amplified out in time, in either direction.  

probably a rare 'normal' stretch + decimal CC footprint.  

• Like 1