Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man just an all out torch after tomorrow. No Fall to speak of.

I’ve found the sun angle still doesn’t make it feel like summer.  Heat and sunsets at 7pm just feels weird.

No matter how we try to replicate summer in the autumn, it just feels like it falls short.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’ve found the sun angle still doesn’t make it feel like summer.  Heat and sunsets at 7pm just feels weird.

No matter how we try to replicate summer in the autumn, it just feels like it falls short.

I will do my best to enjoy it.  Maybe some late season beach weather. Only signs of fall are the acorns raining down lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I will do my best to enjoy it.  Maybe some late season beach weather. Only signs of fall are the acorns raining down lol.

We are seeing other signs of fall up here- white plated cars driving 30 in a 50 or doing U-Turns on the Main Street in Stowe during evening traffic, locals selling crap in yard sales to folks looking for antiques, lots of LED headlights heading north on Friday night on 100 or 89, local craft places selling pumpkin ales ... .

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, klw said:

We are seeing other signs of fall up here- white plated cars driving 30 in a 50 or doing U-Turns on the Main Street in Stowe during evening traffic, locals selling crap in yard sales to folks looking for antiques, lots of LED headlights heading north on Friday night on 100 or 89, local craft places selling pumpkin ales ... .

I’m prepared to not hit the posted speed limit on any road in VT for the next 4-5 weeks.

Nothing gets me more irate than the 33mph in a 50mph when just trying to do daily activities :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, klw said:

Only Sept 7th, but definitely has an early Oct vibe just going by how busy it is. Guess you can still do the "VT fall stuff" without any leaf peeping.

• Like 1

00z was better at 500 mb for heat signaling... 12z is about 5 dm shallower with dome node and also quicker to conjure up bullshit ( what's new with the gfs's magical grinding mechanics with that... ) to erode it down. 

it may not matter yeah yeah if the 800 mb and llv synoptics winds are remain favorable - just speaking to the standard metric.

Looks pretty damn warm overall, but there’s been a lot of runs with some sneaky mild downs and taint advecting from the east under the ridge in our region. Nothing really BN though after early this week…just a matter of how high end and how consistent the warmth is.

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I love this. I can be out in the sun for much of the day without getting roasted. It reminds me of being in S FL in December…70s and muggy, but the sun just feels comfy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks pretty damn warm overall, but there’s been a lot of runs with some sneaky mild downs and taint advecting from the east under the ridge in our region. Nothing really BN though after early this week…just a matter of how high end and how consistent the warmth is.

And equally impressive as the heat is the signal of Stein. Todays sprinkles are it 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I love this. I can be out in the sun for much of the day without getting roasted. It reminds me of being in S FL in December…70s and muggy, but the sun just feels comfy.

True, don’t need to worry about getting burned.  I just wish we could keep the long daylight of the temps are elevated.

No matter what, it’s basically inside by 7pm these days instead of 9:30pm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

substantial bd on the euro late next weekend - been more and less on that model for a few cycles.    agreed, warm pattern but we suffer for our circumstantial region and bd's preferential to 'warmer patterns'      only difference between apr and sep is they don't have as much d(t) bite in the latter.   sill ... 2 m's collapse from mid and upper 80s to low 60s

course ... 7 days away and all -