Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

17 hours ago, dryslot said:

My brother in law and his family of 12 grew up in Ste Pamphile and the 6 boys along with dad grew up loggers working in the woods of Que and NW Maine, One of the boys had cut a widow maker that kicked out and he tried to get away from it felling the wrong way and was killed driving a Jonsered 24" saw 6' into the ground while he was still holding the saw, That how quick accidents can happen.

While I worked up north, a young lady from St. Francis was widowed twice by woods accidents.  First fellow had worked with me on boundary maintenance my first winter there (1976) then decided that driving a skidder was better than scaling logs for Seven Islands.  His low-slung Timberjack got stuck on a big log, and as he tried to wiggle it off it rolled, and he was caught half in/half out when the machine tipped over.  A couple years later the chopper who had bought my old Nova for woods commuting had lodged a big cedar in another tree.  Rather than using the skidder, he tried cutting the tree that had caught the cedar.  Never work under a lodged tree!

Today makes 4 sunny days this month, and the one PC day (9/2) had more sun than cloud.  3rd straight morning in the 40s, though more like 48 than the 41/43 on Tues/Wed.  The warm forecast for 8-14 looks impressive, but by then our average temp has dropped 9-10 degrees from peak summer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1