Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Beer and chainsaws don't mix. I'm sure you've seen the YouTube videos. Been known to have a couple afterwards however.

There used to be a monthly Northern Forest Forum meeting in PQI, attended mostly by foresters and loggers from Maine and NB, occasionally from Quebec.  A presentation by one Quebecois showed 'befores' and 'afters' from some grotesque chainsaw injuries.  (Fortunately, the 'afters' were repairs rather than burials.)  The worst was when a chopper fell onto a large, pointed stump-pull, the wood driving into him under the chin and coming out one cheek.  His chum sawed off the spike, which was still in place when the poor fellow got to the hospital.  The 'after' was remarkable, with only some discolor on that cheek, and the other dozen or so less spectacular (but awful) wounds, were also healed well.

So far, I've never been cut by a running saw, but I've nicked myself when filing a few times since buying a (used) saw in 1977.  A chopper from Allagash had an active hawk nest near his wood pile, and as he was climbing onto the pile to merchandise before starting his saw, one of the hawks stooped on him, causing him to drop the saw then fall on it for 17 stitches.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wanted to post this last night but forgot. 

I was outside with the dog at like 9:30 last night and it was CHILLY. There is nothing fun or refreshing about temperatures in the 40's or 50's. If you're going for a walk or doing some activity, sure its not terrible but if you're just looking to sit and relax...NOPE that doesn't work, it's too cold. Nothing enjoyable about that at all. If its in the 60's or 70's at night with some humidity...that is perfect, you can just sit there and relax and feel comfortable. 

Also, last night was the second time in a span of like 3 weeks there was a spider crawling on me in bed. A few weeks back I was laying in bed scrolling on my phone and a spider crawled across the screen, inches from my face. I didn't have my glasses on so I was unsure if it was a part of the video I was watching but I quickly jolted up and the spider was on the sheets. 

Last night, I'm scrolling on my phone and I see something crawling towards me on the blankets and it was ANOTER spider. I beat it with the blanket and my girlfriend was able to dispose of it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I was outside with the dog at like 9:30 last night and it was CHILLY. There is nothing fun or refreshing about temperatures in the 40's or 50's. If you're going for a walk or doing some activity, sure its not terrible but if you're just looking to sit and relax...NOPE that doesn't work, it's too cold. Nothing enjoyable about that at all. If its in the 60's or 70's at night with some humidity...that is perfect, you can just sit there and relax and feel comfortable. 

Also, last night was the second time in a span of like 3 weeks there was a spider crawling on me in bed. A few weeks back I was laying in bed scrolling on my phone and a spider crawled across the screen, inches from my face. I didn't have my glasses on so I was unsure if it was a part of the video I was watching but I quickly jolted up and the spider was on the sheets. 

Last night, I'm scrolling on my phone and I see something crawling towards me on the blankets and it was ANOTER spider. I beat it with the blanket and my girlfriend was able to dispose of it. 

Only one option now 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952997kg6ws254ylrsnup

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They definitely mix.  Beer and chainsaws mix well to create some amazing content.

Assuming an 18" bar, a chain travelling 90 ft/s, and a human reaction time of 200ms, ~430 cutters would make contact with your body before you were able to react. I imagine that would be significantly higher if you were drinking.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

What do you think they do when you're sleeping :o

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

about as exciting as the cat bringing a live mouse under the sheets one night:lol:

• Haha 1