Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
September vibes - Last 90s for some, 1st frost for others

tamarack

13 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

surgery done almost 2 wks ago. 2 pins in finger that eventually come out. One metal plate in wrist which I was hoping wasn't needed. The 2 broken ribs are more annoying then hand.

69/50. Awesome feel out there

Throttle hand?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Fishing bottom for lakers when the boats encountering white caps is quite a bit challenging to say the least, I'm usually on these bigger lakes so it gets pretty rough with winds either side of north.

When we go to Lake Ontario they don't go out if the winds are 20mph, boats are in the 20 foot range. Went up there last year for two days of fishing and couldn't go out either day, came home empty handed.

• Sad 1

Just now, DavisStraight said:

When we go to Lake Ontario they don't go out if the winds are 20mph, boats are in the 20 foot range. Went up there last year for two days of fishing and couldn't go out either day, came home empty handed.

Yeah, That would be quite rough with white caps, I'll go if its 5-10mph, Not ideal, But its good for Salmom fishing, I like it below 5 mph or calm the best.

I loathe how long the cold and dark days drag on for. Warm season feels like a blink. I’d love a torch Novie, a fun 2 months after Thanksgiving, and then back to a Greta finish, but we all know it will be 5 straight months of the same meh.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I loathe how long the cold and dark days drag on for. Warm season feels like a blink. I’d love a torch Novie, a fun 2 months after Thanksgiving, and then back to a Greta finish, but we all know it will be 5 straight months of the same meh.

Sheesh, you and scooter with the melancholy. Don't get ahead of yourself. You never know, you might get exactly that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Glad you're posting again. I'm just hoping for a respectable winter. Literally dreading the cold season.

Thanks, Like to see an early start to this one instead of getting all the snow in April like this past season.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You may have to consider a further south residency to get away from that.

38 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Agree, I don't mind the cold/nasty weather so much but the loss of light/shorter days are dreadful.

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

surgery done almost 2 wks ago. 2 pins in finger that eventually come out. One metal plate in wrist which I was hoping wasn't needed. The 2 broken ribs are more annoying then hand.

69/50. Awesome feel out there

When I've had rib injuries (limited to torn cartilage, I think - never went to the Dr.), I knew that every breath would hurt for 4-6 weeks, though the first 2 were the worst.  Eight years ago I slipped while dragging my ice fishing stuff (and a nice bass) and landed ribs first on the empty bait bucket, which fared much better than I did - I then weighed 40+ pounds more than at present.  Four days later I day-tripped to Sturbridge to make a forestry presentation to the New England SAF chapter, about 450 miles round trip, in a cramped low-slung Ford Fusion - at least the presentation was fun. 
Five days later we began our Japan trip by flying to HI where my BIL and family live, 13 hours in economy, 10 of it from CHI to Oahu.  (Our first Trip of a Lifetime.  2nd was Norway the following year, without rib pain.)

Today was almost totally cloudless.  September is our sunniest month, currently (thru 2023) with 52.5% of the potential sunshine.  August is next at 49.6", July 3rd at 48.0%.  December is lowest, at 39.0%.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Agree, I don't mind the cold/nasty weather so much but the loss of light/shorter days are dreadful.

Thats where I end up.  I love snow and skiing and the mountain culture in winter.  I hate the darkness.

If I could get like April solar all winter long, I’d be in heaven.  Even if it’s dreary out in April, it feels different.

I’m always jealous of like Colorado or Utah mountain zones that have the latitude of like Washington D.C. for sun angle, while also seeing plenty of sun if it’s not snowing.  Snow or sun is a great winter climo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

And up here the CAD is hell. While DIT is 60 with dews it’s often 30s and fog up here.

Can be nasty in the shoulder seasons when frozen is not in play, but it's probably given me more snow here than I've lost due to downsloping, and it's great for pack retention.

• Like 2