Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2024 Obs/Discussion

Rtd208

21 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Milton "weakened" some overnight isn't being forecasted to be a 5 at landfall, but I was wondering yesterday if this will end up being FL's Gulf coast's version of Andrew?

Since it did an ERC, will have to see whether it stays compact and tightly would or expands out.  You can see the difference between the pinhole (last night) and darning needle size eyes (:lol:).  You can also see how it has finally started moving more quickly vs almost sitting and spinning in place.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-meso-meso2-14-00_16Z-20241008_map_noBar-19-1n-10-100-lwir-818pm-animated-10072024.gif

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-meso-meso2-14-13_33Z-20241008_map_noBar-13-1n-10-100-lwir-935am-animated-10082024.gif

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

It scraped up against the Yucatan and did an ERC!  Last update had it down to 145 mph and it's back up to about 917.

Had heard yesterday that Disney World would stay open but I doubt that at this point.

Temp here is creeping up and am now at 59 with a nice low dp of 49.

last48hrs-911am-10082024.gif

They won't be open.  I'm at Universal and they have already announced their closing.  They have hotel staff that bring their families and pets and ride it out while working.  

3 hours ago, BBasile said:

And then down to 897.  Crazy.  I'm in Orlando now with a flight out tonight.  It's a bit eerie watching the hotel and the area prepare.  Lots of people checking out early, everything outside being put into storage.  Strangely quiet for such an active resort.  Hopefully nothing happens to my flight or else I'll be spending a few extra days down here.  MCO is shutting down tomorrow morning.  

Should have brought the drone and rode it out...j/k. Hope you have no issues getting home! 

Spoke to some co-workers this morning who have relatives in the Tampa/St. Pete's area...they are in the evacuation areas but are planning on riding it out. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Should have brought the drone and rode it out...j/k. Hope you have no issues getting home! 

Spoke to some co-workers this morning who have relatives in the Tampa/St. Pete's area...they are in the evacuation areas but are planning on riding it out. :(

Thanks.  I know someone who refuses to leave as well.  Some people...

Northern lights seen in Doylestown last night. Freaking paying all attention to the hurricane and forgot about checking space weather, also it had been overcast all damn day that was suppose to be sunny so that didn't help.

The timing of the kp7 spike was perfect for viewing 8-12 midnight double damn it

• Like 1

The weather down here in Orlando has been crap for last couple of days, but today is actually pretty nice.  The calm before the storm, I guess.  Wish I could stay to check out this beast, but flights are gonna be a mess for the next few days.  

IMG_20241008_144101_(2000_x_1583_pixel).jpg

• Like 1

Some spots including Warwick Twp. dropped into the 30's (38.7) this morning. Dry and cool weather continues over the next couple days highs tomorrow will struggle to escape the 50's in the higher spots with even some frost possible in the lower spots by Friday morning. We warm to a little above normal this weekend before falling back to well below to start the new work week. We may see more widespread frost by next Wednesday morning or so. Of note today in 1979 marks the start of the earliest recorded snow event in Chester County with the 1" at Morgantown/Elverson and 3" recorded on the 10th at Devault. Growing up in Northeast Philadelphia I remember this event as we received a coating there and it was the earliest I ever saw snow.image.png.7993c9728de6a14d0875943a5ccdd9fb.pngimage.png.de9e5921831d10f35edbbec1fb77d4e7.png

56 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Another big chance for aurora tomorrow night. Looks like clear skies for all of us too. Assuming the predicted solar conditions hold I’ll be heading to the hills of northwestern Lehigh County to try to view them.

Milton landfall time has moved forward to more like midnight-2am tomorrow this could be a double win.

*Hurricane models are closer to 10pm even better

9 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Milton landfall time has moved forward to more like midnight-2am tomorrow this could be a double win.

*Hurricane models are closer to 10pm even better

Looks like some late nights ahead. Watching chaser streams tonight then chasing the aurora tomorrow and Friday nights. Bring it on!

This morning was our chilliest morning 42.9 degrees here in East Nantmeal since last May 11th (41.7). Lower spots of Chester County like Warwick saw a low of 34.8 degrees this morning. There is a frost advisory for tonight and some lower spots may actually reach near or slightly below freezing by tomorrow AM. Higher spots like here in EN should stay well above freezing and frost levels. Higher spots will struggle to escape the 50's today with low 60's across lower locales. We turn warmer for the weekend before we again chill down to start the new work week. We should see more freeze and frost potential by next Wednesday morning. Our only slight rain chance looks to be Sunday night.

image.png.a143fc58d0bf427cc4e96f6a4edf647a.pngimage.png.83fac472571728b842259ecbf6a2056f.png