• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

Great late summer weekend coming up with upper 80s to around 90 for  the unusual spots in NJ away from the sea breeze. This will be a near record ridge for mid-September around 591 dm. So it’s why the long range models are suggesting that a tropical system or subtropical low will try to cutoff underneath. 

IMG_1121.thumb.png.e4afc0809988271e5ca7334890e20c5c.png
IMG_1122.thumb.png.efb904dadda9ce93d971a3991b0cdb12.png

IMG_1123.thumb.png.89006890329ea3c302fb14561a694060.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Great late summer weekend coming up with upper 80s to around 90 for  the unusual spots in NJ away from the sea breeze. This will be a near record ridge for mid-September around 591 dm. So it’s why the long range models are suggesting that a tropical system or subtropical low will try to cutoff underneath. 

IMG_1121.thumb.png.e4afc0809988271e5ca7334890e20c5c.png
IMG_1122.thumb.png.efb904dadda9ce93d971a3991b0cdb12.png

IMG_1123.thumb.png.89006890329ea3c302fb14561a694060.png

Suppression. We might not get any rain from this set up 

57 / 55 off a low of 52.  Clone these days - bright sunshing, warm days low - mid 80s perhaps warmest Fri and Sat (mid-upper 80s) in the warmer spots continuing through Monday.  Ridge north/east / trough west - Francine in the middle and cut off undercuts the ridge into the southeast next week and causes more of an onshore flow Tue - Fri. Hung up pattern may turn cloudier/wetter for days mid / late next week.  Beyond there overall warmer.

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Suppression. We might not get any rain from this set up 

It will probably be suppressed for the next 7 days as this ridge over the Northeast is one of the strongest on record. Plenty of days of easterly onshore flow and building tides and waves as we approach the full moon on the 20th. Hopefully, we get something at the tail end as the low will probably eventually lift north as the high weakens by later next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FPizz said:

49 last night, got a little cooler than I was thinking it would.  Love the cool nights and warm days this time of the year can bring.

Yeah, the nights have definitely been cool out here in central Jersey. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Yeah, the nights have definitely been cool out here in central Jersey. 

One of the things I really enjoy about living in CT is how fast it cools off once the sun goes down with the great radiational cooling. I didn’t have this back on the Long Island Shore. Already had 8 nights in the 50s this month so far.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

One of the things I really enjoy about living in CT is how fast it cools off once the sun goes down with the great radiational cooling. I didn’t have this back on the Long Island Shore. Already had 8 nights in the 50s this month so far.

you must be right on the shore...I'm 5 miles inland and we've been in the 40's a bunch of nights

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

You just needed to move away from the shoreline on LI :P  I have 8 nights in the 50s plus one in the 40s in Syosset.  Glad you are enjoying the cooler nights in CT now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

you must be right on the shore...I'm 5 miles inland and we've been in the 40's a bunch of nights

Yeah, I am south of Route 1 not far from the shore. We had dinner the other night up on Route 80 and it was a few degrees cooler. 

2 hours ago, uofmiami said:

You just needed to move away from the shoreline on LI :P  I have 8 nights in the 50s plus one in the 40s in Syosset.  Glad you are enjoying the cooler nights in CT now. 

Thanks, it was always a challenge getting much radiational cooling south of Merrick Road in Suffolk. Same went for living on a barrier island back in Long Beach. I radiate better here being near a nice woodland area. Saw two deer, a wild turkey, and a fleeting glimpse of a coyote running in the distance.

• Like 1