• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Nam is fairly wet now. 3knam not as wet but still has something unlike last week

I'd settle for .25" 

RGEM looks decent too, giving a lot of the area close to a half inch. We're not gonna get the big soaking that we want to end the dry spell, but hopefully it will be enough to give things a decent watering. I'd be happy with .25" to .50". 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

RGEM looks decent too, giving a lot of the area close to a half inch. We're not gonna get the big soaking that we want to end the dry spell, but hopefully it will be enough to give things a decent watering. I'd be happy with .25" to .50". 

12z Cmc looks good west of city and especially gfs areawide

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

How have forecasts gotten worse as technology has advanced?

Good question.  I will assume the science will argue otherwise.  Of course, when I was banging, there were only 2 models.  Now, perhaps, there are too many models?  Several have known biases.  There are more, and better short term precipitation forecastng tools.  It seems some models, which have had good sucess have been reconfigured and have become less accurate?  We have ensembles, that are usually the most reliable tool.  However, we still see enough short term temperature and precipitation busts that invoke doubt, and forget anything over 4 days.  Long range is still unachievable ( or at least no better than using historical comparisons)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

Good question.  I will assume the science will argue otherwise.  Of course, when I was banging, there were only 2 models.  Now, perhaps, there are too many models?  Several have known biases.  There are more, and better short term precipitation forecastng tools.  It seems some models, which have had good sucess have been reconfigured and have become less accurate?  We have ensembles, that are usually the most reliable tool.  However, we still see enough short term temperature and precipitation busts that invoke doubt, and forget anything over 4 days.  Long range is still unachievable ( or at least no better than using historical comparisons)?

Good afternoon Dark Star. I can only agree, as stated. Considering your third sentence, l have to admire, if not envy, your early days. As always …..

• Haha 3

Just a trace of rainfall here today with a few sprinkles.

At least with a heavy overcast and temperatures in the 60's it felt like Fall.  I thought it was a nice day in its own right.

Still leaves us wanting some decent rain but nothing really in the cards for the rest of the week.

• Like 1