• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Ernesto

That 60W/20N is a big climo spot. Storms that pass NE re-curve >90% of the time. CV Storms that pass SW of it re-curve vs hit land 60/40.

Models do have a -EPO developing when the storm is getting close to the EC, and that favors more of a troughy pattern, so I would right now probably favor a turn out to sea, but if it tracks so far south as to the Caribbean first, it could stay clear of the EC trough, but I don't see the pattern as favorable for SE US or NE, US hits. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

That 60W/20N is a big climo spot. Storms that pass NE re-curve >90% of the time. CV Storms that pass SW of it re-curve vs hit land 60/40.

Models do have a -EPO developing when the storm is getting close to the EC, and that favors more of a troughy pattern, so I would right now probably favor a turn out to sea, but if it tracks so far south as to the Caribbean first, it could stay clear of the EC trough, but I don't see the pattern as favorable for SE US or NE, US hits. 

Gfs and cmc more ots

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Maybe a new found land special? 

• Haha 1

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. Near the Lesser and Greater Antilles (AL98):
Showers and thunderstorms continue to show some signs of 
organization in association with a broad area of low pressure 
located about 1000 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.  
Environmental conditions appear conducive for gradual development of 
this system, and a tropical depression is likely to form within the 
next couple of days while the system approaches and then moves near 
or over the Leeward Islands.  Interests on these islands should 
continue to monitor the progress of this system, and watches 
or warnings could be required for portions of the area as soon as 
later today.  The system could approach portions of the Greater 
Antilles by the middle of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...90 percent.

Sheeeeeit

8 minutes ago, NotSureWeather said:

Think it’s either a depression or upgraded to potential at 2pm. I’m on my phone but the last few images you can really see it getting the pieces in place.

IMG_0970.jpeg

None of that shows a closed vortex at the low levels as I cannot see low level westerlies. There is some mid level spin present, but no indication of a TC at this time. Satellite imagery, especially IR satellite, can play tricks

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Boston Bulldog said:

None of that shows a closed vortex at the low levels as I cannot see low level westerlies. There is some mid level spin present, but no indication of a TC at this time. Satellite imagery, especially IR satellite, can play tricks

Just saying it’s looking more organized the last 4 hours or so. It’s already close to getting a name anyway, up to 70% within 48 hours now.

30 minutes ago, Boston Bulldog said:

We’ve been naming ghost storms for the past 5 years.

• Weenie 3

There's a GOES-East floater on it, and as Boston Bulldog said, we don't yet have a defined surface low. You're not going to get one until we get persistent convection to help mix out the dry SAL air encompassing western and northern parts of the broader circulation. NHC would be wise to go with PTC advisories by this evening given impacts begin in <48 hours. 

image.thumb.gif.426862ab3e7d31b23cd1ce83b241fb9a.gif

• Like 4

Still got some genesis issues today.  Tons easterly shear, broad vortex, and lack of focused and concentrated convection.  Got to watch to see how long this genesis takes.  Until that happens I’m not totally confident in where this turn north occurs

• Like 1

12Z CMC also hits Bermuda hard with center passing just to the W. That’s a big shift W for it

12Z GEFS mean shifts E significantly with virtually none near the CONUS and the mean centered on Bermuda. Some brush SE Canada.

12Z UKMET passes 150 miles W of Bermuda while moving NW.

*Edit: 12Z Euro passes 150 miles SE of Bermuda with little effect on Bermuda. Then passes well SE of Canada.

12Z EPS centered around Bermuda with only a few W outliers near CONUS.