Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Tropical Storm Debby: Mid-Atlantic Impacts

WxWatcher007

13 minutes ago, batmanbrad said:

EastCoast NPZ probably figures that green patch of 0.4" over in northern Delaware likely will shift over top of him in the next model runs...

That would still be the biggest total here since May.  And when it's all said and done, I bet I'm closer to that than 4".

• Weenie 1

It's crazy how localized this pop up stuff is. The entrance to my neighborhood it was pouring, 500 feet away at my house their wasn't a drop. I'm 5 minutes away from my house right now and it's a different climate. There's standing water everywhere and it's lightly raining. 

There's winner and there's losers out there this evening. I'm a loser lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Looks like today isn’t in the cards for mby, hopefully get in the game tomorrow

At different times today I’ve been north, south, east, and west of the heavy bands

• Like 1

Flash flood warning se of frederick. I find it hard to believe that 1.5 to 3 inches has already faklen?

At 704 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
heavy rain across the warned area. Between 1.5 and 3 inches of
rain have fallen. Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches are
possible in the warned area. Flash flooding is ongoing or expected
to begin shortly.

26 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Stephens City about to get clocked

There is a split between a cell about to inundate winchester and another coming through front royal about to waterboard Strasburg yet again.  Right now that gap is directly east of me.  Let's see what happens.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

There is a split between a cell about to inundate winchester and another coming through front royal about to waterboard Strasburg yet again.  Right now that gap is directly east of me.  Let's see what happens.

It's a pulse-y line, but all it takes is getting under one cell.  These things are putting down the goods.

6 minutes ago, Round Hill WX said:

Been raining like a cow pissin on a flat rock here in Round Hill. 1.07 in the last hours. 

This is basically a majestic rainfall.  Gonna be over an inch here, i would assume.  Looks like some other cells building from the 270 split precip factory.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

That was impressive lol. 

Finally got my driveway wet from a passing shower. It died immediately on arrival. Hopefully tomorrow pans out.

1 minute ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Unbelievable.   Not even a drop.  Looked impressive until it got on the doorstep, then split and went north and south.  You can't script this.  It doesn’t matter what direction it comes it can't rain here of any significance.

Screenshot_20240807_194022_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240807_194321_Gallery.jpg

Well with the forecast this week you’ll get it eventually 

4 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Unbelievable.   Not even a drop.  Looked impressive until it got on the doorstep, then split and went north and south.  You can't script this.  It doesn’t matter what direction it comes it can't rain here of any significance.

Screenshot_20240807_194022_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240807_194321_Gallery.jpg

There's another blob to your ENE.  That might be the one.