• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Tropical Storm Debby: Mid-Atlantic Impacts

WxWatcher007

Drove through the monsoon on rt 70 east towards 29 this morning.  Some cars were pulled over.  That was the kinda rates I saw Wednesday evening.

Still early August, so maybe we can weasel our way into another tropical situation this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Looks like I'll end up with 3.0 for the event spread out over two days which is perfect.  Now looking forward to some great weather starting tomorrow

That’s awesome! It’s about time! I’m not sure how much rain fell in Damascus, but I’m guessing at least 3”.

4.09" for the event.  Models did pretty good with precip forecasts imby.  Always hoping for something more impressive but this was at least something to track and some interesting weather.  Been a pretty boring summer in the weather department.

• Like 3

Final:  5.6"  Last night was one for the ages.

That's twice the amount I received for the entire period from memorial day to yesterday morning.  Remarkable, on both fronts.

It's close to what Sandy dropped here, which is the most of precip I've seen in my cognizant lifetime.  

• Like 6

Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

Final:  5.6"  Last night was one for the ages.

That's twice the amount I received for the entire period from memorial day to yesterday morning.  Remarkable, on both fronts.

It's close to what Sandy dropped here, which is the most of precip I've seen in my cognizant lifetime.  

Were you in the area for Hurricane Fran?  Parts of the central Shenandoah Valley got 20+" with that storm.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

Were you in the area for Hurricane Fran?  Parts of the central Shenandoah Valley got 20+" with that storm.

I was in Front Royal, but I didn't measure back then.  I don't recall how much the northern valley got, but certainly not totals that were seen further south.  Crazy river flooding. 

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

Same here. I've looked but can't find a  decent one.

usually CWG and/or NWS Sterling produces one after the event is over; for now best would be to check the reported totals in the PNS from LWX (last one was updated around 10:30AM this morning so its totals are not yet final, especially since some of the reports are from early in the morning).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1