Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Tropical Storm Debby: Mid-Atlantic Impacts

WxWatcher007

56 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It’s a lot patchier east of DC certainly. I think areas north of I70 and west of I83 have done pretty well. The rest of us are more hit and miss. Think I’m in the 2-2.5” range since Wednesday. 

Over 2" at my place a few miles south of yours.    

3 minutes ago, high risk said:

Over 2" at my place a few miles south of yours.    

CoCoRaHS has a huge range over HoCo last few days. One closest to me seems lower than I’d guess, but I think there are some very big gradients over short distances. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Well that was a nothing burger.   Leaves barely moved.

21 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Just out observing cloud movement on this SECOND tornado warning in about an hour, and this was the first time I've heard, from MY house, Fort Belvoir's "Giant Voice" system blaring its siren and booming "TORNADO WARNING, TAKE COVER NOW!" I do think the worst of that storm is directly over the river, and it is indeed ominous looking just to our east.

That storm on radar seems to be taking a direct bead on the District...but haven't seen any additional warnings issued for the city proper in a few minutes.

I just "chased" that after dropping one kid off at work.  Beacon Hill area had some wind gusts but nothing bad.  Elevated areas were breezy but once you got low like near Huntington it was just pouring rain.  So all the rotation has to be elevated.  

The cloud deck is really low tho.  Lots of scud.  And the difference between being under the yellows and reds vs greens or nothing is huge.  It POURS in these bands.  Lots of street flooding and ponding of water where its dumping.  My truck makes big waves in those puddles and ponding. lol

Blue sky to my west now.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

If that band had been any slower moving through DC things would've gotten interesting quick. Soils just couldn't absorb everything.

Parts of my backyard became little ponds pretty quick. Clean gutters were overflowing... it was dumping. But we've had much worse in the last years I've been here.

Got pounded so hard that I had to delay my departure time this am. I left when the rain lightened up. I'll have a full accounting of how much i got in that short timeframe tonight. DCA got 1.68" in 1 hr.

Also, snapped the rushing clouds with some peeks of blue skies right after that deluge. I think it's been all clouds for the past 2 days. 

IMG_0929.jpg

• Like 5