Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Tropical Storm Debby: Mid-Atlantic Impacts

WxWatcher007

23 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Bring it.  I will wave to you as my house floats by down the Potomac. 

If this one doesn’t produce for you, we may need to consider one of those desert irrigation systems for the region. Build a pipeline to Lake Erie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Given how bad it has been, that’s a reasonable take lol. You’re in the extreme drought zone, right?

5 hours ago, MDstorm said:

If a couple tenths lead to shock and ecstasy, what will 15-20 times that amount do to you?   :raining:

My area is in severe drought according to the map.  The thing here is my specific spot (just NE of Germantown) misses close by over and over.  Like Saturday I saw dark sky and thunder first to the N and later S with nothing here.  Seems like south county gets the storms over and over or they swing up thru the high elevations to my west around to Damascus/Mt Airy.  The big rain days a weeks ago yielded me 0.43 and I got just 1.1 for July.

It would be incredible for my area to get 2 inches from this especially if it's spread out over a couple days.  But man I have to see it first I am jaded

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Usually what bites us on high totals is these things speed up and get out of here quickly. I'm always suspicious of super high totals for any event around here

It doesn't look like anything extreme and never really did. A good soaking over several days is exactly what we need, and look to get. It should be a nice break from the crushing heat and humidity. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stormy said:

NAM 12 shifts west with 12z.   Increased flood risk for western zones.

The trend seems to be further west up the Appalachians. They could probably use it more then the lowlands. I just hope it doesn't end up boring here with just passing showers and fast moving low clouds for days. 

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Nearly 3" PWATs across the entire area per the 12z NAM. Someone gets soaked.

Yeah, Friday will be a convective deluge in the warm sector.    We'll see if the NAM is correct with the western track, although it does have the support of the Euro

38 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

It doesn't look like anything extreme and never really did. A good soaking over several days is exactly what we need, and look to get. It should be a nice break from the crushing heat and humidity. 

I get what you're saying, with the seeming growing likelihood of the core synoptic rains shifting west, but there will be a multi-day period of very high PW values over the Mid-Atlantic with waves of scattered convection.    There will absolutely be areas that get a ton of rain, and even some that will get a ton of rain before the "main day" on Friday.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, high risk said:

I get what you're saying, with the seeming growing likelihood of the core synoptic rains shifting west, but there will be a multi-day period of very high PW values over the Mid-Atlantic with waves of scattered convection.    There will absolutely be areas that get a ton of rain, and even some that will get a ton of rain before the "main day" on Friday.

2" PWATs extend all the way to Buffalo on the 12z NAM. That's a pretty intense river.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, high risk said:

What are your thoughts on wind? I've got some huge cannabis plants I'm a little worried about. Soft wet ground and strong winds could be an issue. I'm going to secure them for the storm the best I can. 

21 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

What are your thoughts on wind? I've got some huge cannabis plants I'm a little worried about. Soft wet ground and strong winds could be an issue. I'm going to secure them for the storm the best I can. 

I’m no expert but winds seem a non-factor.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I'm not too concerned about winds, except for the EF-1 tornadoes on Friday.   B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1