1 minute ago, midatlanticweather said:

Warning posted! 

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Flash Flood Warning
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
1035 PM EDT Wed Aug 7 2024

The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a

* Flash Flood Warning for...
  North Central Loudoun County in northern Virginia...

* Until 145 AM EDT.

* At 1035 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
  heavy rain across the warned area. Between 2 and 4 inches of rain
  have fallen. Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are
  possible in the warned area. Flash flooding is ongoing or expected
  to begin shortly.

HAZARD...Flash flooding caused by thunderstorms.

SOURCE...Radar.

IMPACT...Flash flooding of small creeks and streams, urban
           areas, highways, streets and underpasses as well as
           other poor drainage and low-lying areas.

* Some locations that will experience flash flooding include...
  Purcellville...                    Round Hill...
  Hamilton...                        Hillsboro...
  Lincoln...                         Hughesville...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.

Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

You know weather has been boring for years now if there are 10 pages for a couple of inches of rain potential. We’re weather starved. 

Except never underestimate tropical moisture in the central Appalachians....

• Like 6

Snippet from Mount Holly early morning AFD-

The other thing we are starting to get more concerned about for Friday is the severe weather threat. CAPEs will not be particularly large but there will be a tremendous amount of low level shear (0-1 km shear 30-40+ knots) and helicity along with lowering LCLs. This will create favorable conditions for tornados to develop which is not uncommon for scenarios like this where a tropical system passes to the west. Forecast guidance continues to indicate a squall line of sorts passing through the area late in the afternoon into the evening from west to east. There could be tornadic circulations that develop within this line as well as in earlier cells and clusters that develop and move through south to north ahead of the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally scored with some intense bands this morning and have 1.5 in the gauge.  That is amazing and is half of what we got in all of June and July combined.  I love this kind of rain that is spread out and soaks in.  The grass is already greening up

I hope everyone gets the rain they need out of this!  Oh and bonus just look at those gorgeous temps starting this weekend

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Finally scored with some intense bands this morning and have 1.5 in the gauge.  That is amazing and is half of what we got in all of June and July combined.  I love this kind of rain that is spread out and soaks in.  The grass is already greening up

I hope everyone gets the rain they need out of this!  Oh and bonus just look at those gorgeous temps starting this weekend

Next week looks beautiful. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

100%...I do love a day-long (or even a couple) rain, especially when we get onshore flow going for a stretch in "normal" times. And yeah, this weekend right into mid-late next week looks like PERFECT conditions and temps.

Got .24" in past 24 hours...looks like next big slug of Debby's rain moving in shortly.

• Like 1

Sitting around this week along in KHGR looking at around a solid 1.84 inches of rain. Last 48 hours alone slightly under an inch of rain. Yard needs since it appears where I am located has like a dome of drought of it where storms miss either to a few miles to north west or south east.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

0.71”.  This has been a fine August so far.  Just wish it wasn’t coming off a dreadful Jun/Jul.

I’d prefer the 5” that the RGEM gives me the rest of the way, rather than the <1” on the HRRR and NAM.

Sure looks like there is going to be a sharp cutoff from West to East where that line is TBD i guess