Billy Chaos
Tropical Storm Debby: Mid-Atlantic Impacts

WxWatcher007

28 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

8/7: 1.14"

8/8: 3.57"

8/9: 0.57"

Storm Total: 5.28" (PRE and Remnants)

August total up to 6.30"  What a month. The ground is already greening up again. Splendid :)

Hold that thought. Just got hammered with a cell that popped up over Frederick. Updated totals after it's done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

Seeing as we have gotten some decent rain, when the rest of the area was not getting much, that's fine. 

I feel the same. I got 2" for the entire event. I had some good rains while western areas remained dry. Mother nature basically just equalized the entire area. I'm happy the Shenandoah Mountains and valley jacked. I love that area. I want to see good fall color out there this fall. I'm sure this was a huge help. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I feel the same. I got 2" for the entire event. I had some good rains while western areas remained dry. Mother nature basically just equalized the entire area. I'm happy the Shenandoah Mountains and valley jacked. I love that area. I want to see good fall color out there this fall. I'm sure this was a huge help. 

And likely prevented a very serious wildfire season.

• Like 4

Two days ago this was a trickle , couple weeks ago it was dry... The Moormans River in western Albemarle at the SNP border... It was about 3.5 feet higher than this picture taken this afternoon,  judging by the flattened grass and debris....Western Virginia so desperately needed this...Screenshot_20240809_222310_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4d16aa0d20108102640164b315403991.jpg

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Random Chaos said:

Thank you for that!  It is dead-on for my spot (marked) and shows the much heavier amounts just to my east.  This will be my go-to since they inexplicably ruined the iweather rainfall map which used to be really good

image.png.91e5891b45b9a8301bdd15788e8fa59f.png

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 7:49 AM, MN Transplant said:

Lee was the best.  These bands are more progressive though, so heavy rain, but not hours upon hours of it.

Lee was awesome but it sucked. You’ve heard my feeling on it plenty before - just way too much water in a relatively short span of time. Two periods of heavy rains, with the second being incredible downpours for those hours and hours.

Got home from HHI yesterday after being delayed due to that training line. Good to see everything so lush and green…and sticky!